Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

2015 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Brad Pittiful, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    well i guess we need a new nfl thread with the big news that happened today

lesean mccoy of the eagles traded to the buffalo bills for LB kiko alonso...lucky for me im a bills eagles fan...win win!

2. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Feb 24, 2005
    FL
    I was surprised to see that. McCoy's one of the best. But 11 mil against the cap and that it is now, more than ever, a passing game figured into the decision. I thought they should have gotten more in return.

3. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I'm not that surprised he's gone but a little sad Trent Cole won't be finishing his career as an Eagle. Hopefully he won't go to the Redskins or Dallas.

4. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    seems like....getting a good payday is a kiss of death...stinks sometimes

5. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Chip freeing up lots of cap space...60 million. Todd Herremans, Trent Cole and Cary Williams all released too.

Maybe this means he does plan on trading up for Mariota. He'll need to trade draft picks to do that, so maybe freeing up all this cap space and trading for a LB is how he's going to build the defense.

Alonso is coming off an ACL, but was defensive Rookie of the Year in 2013. So we'll see. He and Kendricks definitely make a nice young tandem.

6. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    But being a NFL football player is a business and he has more value somewhere else so...away he goes. He could have agreed to whatever they were offering.

7. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Great talent, but McCoy always danced too much for my liking.

The draft is going to be very interesting, more so than usual.

8. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Sounds like browns are letting Hoyer go and surf for new qb later round and hope for unkown Russel Wilson type...just in case Manziel does not make it....bad luck with Heisman winners

9. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Pretty much everyone has bad luck with Heisman QBs.

10. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal
    Young, green talent is worth more these days than established stars with huge contracts. Except at QB...

11. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    hearing mccoy isnt happy about the trade...and the trade isnt official till 3/10 when the new year in the NFL begins

12. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Feb 24, 2005
    FL
    It's beginning to look like the Bucs are leaning toward Jameis Winston. I think that's a big mistake. They keep saying his style is more suited for the NFL than Mariota, I think it's just the opposite. In Winton I see an emotionally unstable kid who's used to throwing to wide open receivers. That won't be the case in the NFL. He throws way too many interceptions, and we've seen how he reacts to adversity - crying and going after refs on the field. I can't say Mariota is a sure bet, but I'd wager that Winston is going to another JaMarcus Russell.

13. The Bone

The Bone Friend of Leo's

Apr 11, 2003
    Sacratomato
    This one worked out pretty well.

jim_plunkett_1980_11_23.jpg

14. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    There are a lot of productive players being released or not being pursued very hard by their own teams and not many players tagged either. It seems like teams are trying to let prices settle a little.

Tag costs have really climbed and pulled the deals for 2nd tier guys up with them. Teams are spending too much on FA talent and getting too little in return. Rookies and 2nd and 3rd year players are far cheaper. They're inexperienced and more marginal in talent but they hungry and playing for that one big FA deal.

I think we're gonna see a lot of 30 year old plus vets who are looking for that last big contract to go out on come away very disappointed when all they're getting is offers for one year deals at the vet minimum. Once the owners got that rookie pay scale online it was only a matter of time before it would trickle upward too.

15. jdelprior

jdelprior TDPRI Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Afton, VA
    The media and general public tend to disregard Cam Newton but any Panthers' fan will tell you he's the real deal. He carries that offense with one decent rookie receiver and a mostly undrafted offensive line. I swear it seems like he needs to call a fair catch half the time he takes a snap.

16. Colo Springs E

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Agreed... one of the few. The list is long of heisman QBs who were abject failures in the NFL.

17. Colo Springs E

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    I don't think the media disregards Cam, I think he gets plenty of pub. The jury's still out on him, but the list is long of heisman QBs who failed in the NFL.

18. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Yeah, it's crazy. I just looked at the list of Heisman QBs. Since 1970, there's really only been Plunkett, Testaverde, Carson Palmer, RG3 (maybe), and Cam Newton who have had solid NFL careers. That's out of 22 Heisman QBs.

19. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    bills have acquired QB matt cassel in a trade with minnesota for draft picks

20. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    WR brandon marshall of the bears being traded to the jets for draft picks

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.