2013 NAMM - NEW Fender Acoustic Custom Shop

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by TDPRI, Feb 1, 2013.

1. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Something brand new from Fender -- the Acoustic Custom Shop in Connecticut.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQIqtps4tM0?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQIqtps4tM0?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

2. Pezmusic

Pezmusic TDPRI Member

Not completely new the being made in same place as Ovation Adamas Guild & Hamer are made. The new USA Fender Acoustics are amazing guitars. All made by hand. I am one of the lucky few to have toured the factory. You will not be disappointed.

3. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

They should do a 000/ GA, GC...

4. Bill Ashton

Bill Ashton Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Interesting, we saw a ton of those Antigua-dreads being manufactured at New Hartford last October...didn't get to touch, feel or play any, but they were certainly in production. I only saw one Newporter.

Hi Pez! See you later this month!

WHOA! Here ya are, Teleamp, look at this one... http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TradOCust2/...a Ren (Ferguson) Prototype?

It seems to be at the price point of the Guild Special Run guitars...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  5. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

Too much bling...

6. Bill Ashton

This past factory visit, in honor of Guild's 60th birthday, we saw a number of fiesta red-like and transparent blue Fender dreads with the most beautiful curly maple sides. No touchy, but they looked pretty. Also watch for a new USA made Ovation, LT60 I believe, with a contoured back and laminated carbon-fibre top.

New Guilds? Looks like there is a new Les Paul-shaped electric (very light weight), in both six string and bass coming. Supposed to be released October 1 but were not ready...

7. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

High quality build for those guitars that are different visually is neat but I confess they're not for me. Even when some are attractive it's kind of like you can admire a woman and be glad she's not your wife.

Pretty cool to have the custom shop and that US production but I would have to have hands on before buying. I would have much more faith in tremendous output from a shop like Santa Cruz or Collings before a big maker's custom shop.

The competition for something like this is really steep. I'm 6 miles from a shop always well stocked with Collings, Santa Cruz, H&D and Goodall. Add I'm a day trip from Dave's. The stuff from those makers is just so great that I consider any competition they have a big uphill battle.

8. Bill Ashton

9. Gearhead88

Gearhead88 Tele-Holic

Yesterday while browsing fenders website , it revealed an impressive array of new acoustic instruments. I'm surprised , some are kinda spendy but I'd like to play some or hear demo's .

10. SamClemons

SamClemons Poster Extraordinaire

On Bill A's link above, if you switch to the one with Amber sides....I could go for that. Lot of young people, and some old ones, are looking for something different. Fender seems to be stepping up to the plate to provide that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.