Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

2011 - 60th Anniversary Telecaster

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Middleman, Aug 19, 2012.

1. fulldrive

fulldrive TDPRI Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Manitoba
    Got one of these last year, used $950. It's the one in my avatar pic. Great guitar but the bridge pup had to go, too stratty for me. Replaced with Harmonic designs and I haven't looked back.

2. LesCanard

LesCanard TDPRI Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Buffalo
    I picked up a Blizzard Pearl 60th Anniversary model in 2011, very much enjoyed the tone and feel of this beauty. About a month ago the neck pickup lost 80% of its volume/output. I took it to my guy,, he measured the pickup and told me it was bad and suggested I replace the neck. Since I like change, I took the opportunity to order some Keystones which I have read such great things about and a 4-way switch which many suggest as well. Had them installed and man is there a huge improvement IMO. I feel the old std p/ups were a bit bright for my tastes and this really seems to fatten it up while retaining clear tone. BTW, the 4-way p/up is a no brainer, the front position running the p/ups is series gives it a massive boost and a really HB type growl. This guitar is amazing, rivals my new '64 AVRI which is really great in its own right.

Attached Files:

3. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    Switching it up a bit

Here's mine, with some mostly, tho not entirely, cosmetic mods. I loved the grain pattern, the neck, the finish, and the tone, but wanted a more vintage look, so went with split-post tuners, which I also love function-wise, and sanded / lacquered up a 5-hole Bakelite pickguard (note the rounded edge and medium polish). For vintage look, massive steel, and brass-barrel sound, I fitted a Callaham plate and saddles, which also gives auto intonation. And after reading too many posts here about the pot-metal 60th neck-plate, I went with real steel.

On a humorous and invisible note, I get some s.c. hum, so I bought a roll of conductive-adhesive copper tape and tediously lined all the cavities. Hmm, hum no better. Then I realized the cavities already had ground wires screwed into a slightly glowing green paint -- they were already shielded at the factory.

Another feature on these -- if I'm right -- I didn't notice for a year. The tone control has a click stop at max which -- great touch -- takes it out of the circuit for more tone.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014

4. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Aug 29, 2007
    MV, CA
    Looks great. I've thought about replacing the bridge with brass. Might do that later on.

5. King Fan

Jan 1, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    Thanks for starting this thread, MM. Callaham is expensive, though not more than Glendale. OTOH I see Glendale has a lot more AS replacement plates and more saddle options now than when I did this a year ago.

6. King Fan

Jan 1, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    [Edit] Heh, I see Middleman's original post discusses the tone circuit. D'oh. Did some research to save face. Fender calls this their no-load 'DeltaTone system,' as mentioned by Daytona.57 above.

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/The_Fender_Delta_Tone_System_Part_1

Gotta love the Fender gods giving everything a cool-but-mysterious trade name. Anyway, I play in that mode most of the time, and find it to be a real feature on a Tele.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014

7. Dongotto

Dongotto Tele-Meister

Feb 5, 2014
    Missouri
    Where were the 2011 60th anniversary models made?

Thanks

8. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Aug 29, 2007
    MV, CA
    America
    Mexico

Depending on the model

9. kking86

kking86 NEW MEMBER!

Oct 17, 2014
    hamburg
    Just picked up one of these tonight, was at a local shop and they had it new and was on close out. Listed for $950 but he said everything can be marked down. So i played it for about an hour and love it. Well he said $700 cash and its yours.... I said throw in a hard case and its a deal! that was 4 hours ago, still can't put it down.

It does say made in the USA, I think I got a good deal on this, either way I love it and thats what really matters.

Attached Files:

10. King Fan

Jan 1, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    Nice! Great find at that price, methinks!!!

11. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Here’s mine. I have it since July 2014. My first tele, and I am crazy about it! Love the way it looks (the wood grain through the finish), sounds and feels. I haven’t touched anything so far and I don’t plan to, but I’ll be curious to hear about the experiences of those who modded it (PUPS, saddles, bridge…).

Attached Files:

12. Cajunplayer

Cajunplayer TDPRI Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Got mine this weekend

I had a Gibson Les Paul Studio for sale on Craigslist. Got an offer to trade it for a 2011 60th Anniversary Tele. Now, I have a Copperburst FSR standard tele. But, I felt it was a good swap so I went for it, not knowing if there would be much difference with my FSR.
    I plugged it into my Fender Super Sonic and immediately it answered my question. It is hotter, clearer and has more depth. Neck is pretty much the same but the fret work is noticeably better, but overall the guitar feels the same as my FSR, but it just sounds stronger and better.
    Don't get me wrong; my FSR is a great guitar and I really did not expect a big difference between them. And in every way that is true with the exception of the sound with my Super Sonic. My amp loves this guitar.
    So, I then plugged it into my Peavey Vypr 2, and the sound difference was not nearly as pronounced as it is on my Fender amp.
    So, for all those that battle the MIM vs MIA argument; what you plug it into apparently makes considerable difference.
    One more thing, the MIA does not feed back as much as my FSR. Minor but noticeable.
    That's my 2 cents.

13. PickMaker

PickMaker TDPRI Member

Jun 6, 2015
    Virginia
    I'm studying up on these. Found a used 2011 American Tele, blonde with brass saddles. Has the 60th anniversary neck plate, but not all 2011 Teles are anniversary models?

14. RadioFM74

Hi there, many 2011 Tele models have the anniversary neckplate. The Anniversary Tele has the 2011 American Standard specs (including 6-saddles bridge) with a blackguard blonde nitro finish. Hope this helps!

15. Tele 2K

Tele 2K Tele-Meister

Jan 22, 2004
    Shelby, NC
    I just picked up one of these (Blond) today at GC. It has one small ding, but otherwise looks barely used. I expected to replace the bridge Pup, but actually it sounds great thru my amp, so will wait on that for a while. These are sleepers IMO. I like the no load tone control too. I adjusted the neck, it was basically flat, no relief. It plays just great now. I expect to put .010's on when I change strings.

VW

16. Tele 2K

Tele 2K Tele-Meister

Jan 22, 2004
    Shelby, NC
    I put the photo in the gallery under Tele 2K, is that good enough? I had to sign up again due to wrong email used for Tele 2K, so now I am Tele 3K... Long story.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015

17. drdos

drdos Tele-Meister

Sep 24, 2008
    Rockies
    Here's my 2006 Deluxe Ash

Attached Files:

18. RadioFM74

A change of looks for my “blackguard blonde”. Blackguard no more, now she’s mid-50s

IMG_2543_smaller.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

19. Marco Andrade

Marco Andrade NEW MEMBER!

Dec 1, 2016
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Hi everybody, greetings from Bogotá, Colombia. I have one of the 1.000 diamond Telecaster. I have the 779 of 1.000, and all I have to say about it is that is an espectacular guitar, the clean is really beautifull. Actually I have a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails on the Bridge, and its amazing!. Later I´ll be updating the respective photographs (Sorry for my bad english)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016

20. BwanaJim

BwanaJim TDPRI Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Tennessee
    Same thing for me. Dropped the black guard in favor of a single ply white. [​IMG]

RadioFM74 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.