Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

2 Weeks - 1 Acoustic Guitar & Unlimited Fish

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Mar 13, 2013.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Doctor of Teleocity

I'll be ok with the travel Martin. Thanks for all the fish.

[​IMG]

2. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

Don Ho used to be in that same predicament.

3. skraprm

skraprm Tele-Meister

You don't look like a dolphin to me.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Alamo

Alamo Poster Extraordinaire

Enjoy the fish - goes well with some a$$ crackers too :p

man, what a place to be. we're back to freezin' cold ice & snow. :(

6. Obsessed

Obsessed Poster Extraordinaire

Ahhhh, yeah, life is sweet! Enjoy!!!!!

7. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity

I think that I can safely bet that I'm speaking for every member here when I say to you...

We all hate you very much right now.

8. studio1087

Don't hate me too much.

I live in Wisconsin. I've been snow blowing my driveway and freezing for months. Everyone in my family scuba dives. We've been coming to Akumal every year for 25 years. I sit in Wisconsin in December and I look at my dive photos and cry.

It can blow and rain here for three days and then we get 2 days of dead calm sea and then the wind blows for one week and then it rains again. It just stopped raining.

I'm having fun with new panorama software. This is home for 2 weeks every year.

[​IMG]

I was sitting on a tractor one week ago with 35 MPH winds blowing across a corn field and blowing snow and ice in my face while I tried to clear the driveway. The weather and the fruit are better in Akumal.

9. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire

OK OK OK.

I live in MI and have been hanging in NW FL for nearly six weeks. I do it because my wife likes it blah blah but I mainly live to FISH!

I have not posted one fish pic here since arrival because high winds etc have pushed the fishing back about two weeks...every damned week.

So please post fish pics. Here is my paltry addition, a simple sheepshead platter + what near shore grass flats look like when the fish are absent:

Attached Files:

10. studio1087

Yesterday was more like sponge day. I did see a few interesting fish. (Shallow dive with my son).

Sponges

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. studio1087

Baby Grouper

[​IMG]

Lion Fish

[​IMG]

Puffer Fish (3 feet long)

[​IMG]

Cool Brain Coral

[​IMG]

12. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Wow, those lionfish have spread everywhere! I read that they were accidentally introduced to the Caribbean when hurricane Andrew destroyed a Florida aquarium, although there are other theories.

Whatever, they just don't belong in the Caribbean or Atlantic, but as an invasive species they have been very successful over the last 10 years or so. Their spines are highly venomous too, so you don't want to mess with them.

13. studio1087

That is exactly what happened and they are very prolific. That's a crappy photo that I took (cloudy day) but we see 10 of them on every drift dive. They reproduce at an alarming rate.

The dive shop dive masters will spear them with simple hand spears and but they can't really slow the population. A local beach bar serves lionfish tacos. They taste like perch.

They came from Florida and the sad thing is that they are not indigenous to this part of the world. The aquarium released them into the open water and now there are thousands and thousands of them here.

14. stxrus

stxrus Tele-Afflicted

i can vouch 1st hand about lion fish in the Caribbean. horribly invasive fish that do not belong here. i have seen where they have completely cleared some reef patches of ALL fish. unfortunately they are very difficult to get to as they tend to often stay in holes. divers here are doing all we can to help eradicate them. unfortunately it is one lion fish at a time :cry:

15. Crawfish

Crawfish Tele-Afflicted

Fascinating to hear about the lion fish. I've only seen them in aquariums. Very cool to see one in the ocean. Had no idea they were an invasive species.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.