Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

2 button footswitch with LEDs for Fender Deluxe?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Wrong-Note Rod, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    Is there such a thing?

My reverb-tremolo Deluxe amp footswitch is the standard issue and the plug to the amp is a balanced 1/4 cord.

Will ANY two button footswitch with balanced cord, work? I'd like to be able, at a glance, to see if the reverb or tremolo is on, especially before a song. I'm constantly forgetting to turn the tremolo OFF between songs.

any suggestions?

2. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    There should be one available from Loop-Master, and another maker. It’s a simple circuit, I made one during some down time with a box from Mammoth electronics (I think). Vinyl lettering is mine though.

Orange LED for trem, blue for reverb. Blue is way too bright though, even have the voltage ramped down to 5v or so.

20171208_092302_edited.jpeg

spenno likes this.
  3. schmee

schmee Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2003
    northwest
    Not all will work, some have momentary switches, others crunch off and on.

4. Wrong-Note Rod

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta

couldnt find one on Loop Masters site, altho the search engine is broken and I have no idea what the pedal is called

can you remember?

5. Larmo63

Larmo63 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 1, 2018
    Timbuktu, Earth
    Doesn't the single switch turn BOTH the reverb and tremolo off?

I only have a single switch.

That's irritating.

6. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2010
    Fullerton CA
    Or... a Boss FS-6.
    For smaller versions like in post #2, there's an eBay seller called "balancedclarity".

Whatever after-market pedal you get, remember it needs to work with a TRS cable. They will all require a battery or some power source for the LED's. Some may be capable of being powered by your pedalboard supply, like any other pedal.

Here's a Loopmaster link:
    https://www.loop-master.com/footswitch-fender-style-amps-p-284.html
    This one looks very cool - Dual LED's, in a MOOER-size mini-box, and a power jack for daisy-chain power. Me want. Like previous stated, stay away from the blue LED's, they will blind you. Old, boring red works best. Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  7. ZenGuitarist

ZenGuitarist Tele-Holic

Jul 25, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    The previous poster has the correct Loop-Master link for a Fender Vibrato/Reverb footswitch. I ordered one of these from Loop-Master a couple of years ago and it works great - it's much more solidly built than the cheap footswitch that Fender provides with the amp.

8. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    If he's talking about a BF/SF Deluxe Reverb with one RCA jack each for reverb and trem, then you can use two Boss FS-5L latching footswitches, each with a standard guitar cable and RCA adapters at the amp end. Each one has an internal battery and LED.

9. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    This is the other one I was talking about:

https://www.ebay.com/i/162885197613

I thought I mentioned it but my draft wasn't saved before I was able to hit reply. Since you said you have the 1/4" 'balanced' connection, a TRS should work as it does with my DRRI. You'll also need a power source. A 9v battery would not fit in the box I used, and a red LED is best with a battery, but I rather have two different colors, so orange and red would be my next choice if I make one again. Mine uses the pedal board power supply.

10. Wrong-Note Rod

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta

thanks, very good!

11. Wrong-Note Rod

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    as it turns out, I had something that worked already/..... a two button footswitch by somebody called "Black label" that I originally bought for my old Peavey Classic.

surprised it worked, as I had forgot all about it... but it did! Yay! ZERO cost to me, gotta love that!

12. spenno

spenno Tele-Meister

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    I need that blue switch...

BorderRadio likes this.
  13. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Tele-Holic

Oct 17, 2008
    Tujunga California
    Those Boss switches lock together as I recall to make one unit, also I think they made/make a dual version. Nobels made some similar switches, I have a couple of those around.
    Al

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.