Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

1x8 cab

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by jdolecek70, Nov 10, 2017.

1. jdolecek70

jdolecek70 TDPRI Member

Jun 17, 2017
    florida
    suggestions?

2. jdolecek70

jdolecek70 TDPRI Member

Jun 17, 2017
    florida
    I'm not talented enough to build/install stuff....I'm disabled and limited in what I can do...that is why in buying gear I have to rely on your opinions and youtube demo's for my choice.....I had a tubd amp but had to sell it to pay the bills after spending a couple years of saving for it....it killed me, it was more than an amp to me.....one thowe things in life youwish ypou could avoid and being on disability im limited with money.My blackstar amp went bad and luckiliy I had the extended warranty so that is how I'm able to upgrade now. Prices with amps have gone down so i can get a bit more now.....My budget is $260. I found a used peavey 6505 piranha so im grabbing that fir a killer $100 price and trying to find the best vab with the remaining cash within my budget, also gonna get a bad monkey and see how it sounds with it, then down the road I will grab an eq pedal.....trying to visialize this, seems to me it would be a pretty bad ass setup just as long as thye sound i visialize is the sound i really get.....hope it's the same

PhredE likes this.

3. PhredE

PhredE Tele-Meister

Sep 25, 2017
    Suburban PDX, OR
    All good. It sounds like your getting the plan dialed in, so good luck to you. Sounds like it will meet your needs.

..Just trying to be helpful, that's all.

4. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011

5. hoboroadie

hoboroadie TDPRI Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Bezerkeley

6. PhredE

PhredE Tele-Meister

Sep 25, 2017
    Suburban PDX, OR
    jdolocek70,

Hey, I got your message. I sent a reply (via a conversation -- I'm pretty new to all the messaging here, but give it a look when you get a chance).

Hope that helps.

7. theDogger218

theDogger218 TDPRI Member

Oct 2, 2017
    USA
    Look best bet is decide on the speaker that you want to use and the use reverb preferably and eBay second. (eBay has really yank up there shipping charges and now charging double what it would cost if you do it..FYI)

If it were me I'd get a wgs 10" veteran 30

Build a pine cab suited for the specs and you are golden

For go the 8"....you will be disappointed

8. hoboroadie

hoboroadie TDPRI Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Bezerkeley
    I was looking into 8 inch speakers to match my micro terror but it seemed like nobody had quite overcome the basic physics and hit the tone I wanted. I was mainly interested in matching the size for aesthetic reasons. Coincidentally I matched a 125 dollar eBay JBL d130f with a 40 dollar used cabinet from Aanton's in Newark so I nearly hit your price. It killed. Currently building a mojo 5f4 to put into a tweed pro cabinet for that speaker btw, a good well broken in cone seems to be the real key. Of course I'll need a new tele to bring it all together. Like a rug.

9. hoboroadie

hoboroadie TDPRI Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Bezerkeley
    I was looking into 8 inch speakers to match my micro terror but it seemed like nobody had quite overcome the basic physics and hit the tone I wanted. I was mainly interested in matching the size for aesthetic reasons. Coincidentally I matched a 125 dollar eBay JBL d130f with a 40 dollar used cabinet from Aanton's in Newark so I nearly hit your price. It killed. Currently building a mojo 5f4 to put into a tweed pro cabinet for that speaker btw, a good well broken in cone seems to be the real key. Of course I'll need a new tele to bring it all together. Like a rug.

10. jdolecek70

jdolecek70 TDPRI Member

Jun 17, 2017
    florida
    Please help me me choose! I have narrowed my choices.....
    1. Peavey Piranha with a marshall 1x10 cab with celestian speaker
    2. Yamaha thrx
    3....or stick with Blackstar ID:core

which would you get for high quality gain?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.