Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

1st Place Winner - Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster

Discussion in 'Winners Circle' started by TDPRI, Nov 21, 2017.

1. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky
    Oh, 'yer gonna like it plugged into the Bassman. Have fun!

2. Old Tele Hack

Old Tele Hack Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Virginia
    Well folks - pics and a NGD report will be forthcoming when/if UPS figures out what they did w/the guitar. Hope it's sitting here in my town and someone just neglected to scan it in.
    Even if it never shows up? I've had a good time thinking about it, and really appreciate everyone's comments!

TELE_BLUES likes this.
  3. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    I got another email that says:

We're attempting to verify the package location. / Lost package investigation

4. Old Tele Hack

Mar 31, 2017
    Virginia
    Hey pal - thanks! Delivery issues are UPS - not y'all!

Delivery status, even when I called em tonight, hadn't been updated since 22 Nov. I suspect it's sittiNG close by, and several folks just neglected to scan it.

I am WAY out in the boonies, any of my neighbors that had intercepted the truck woulda been waiting on the deck w/the package expecring my wife to feed 'em. :)

Hope UPS finds it - I will have fun sharing the pics, and now? The guitar's got the start of a story, and that's always a good thing!

5. TDPRI

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    It the worst happens, I purchased insurance on the shipment and have a signed copy from the driver that picked up the package. If it comes to that I can help you with proof of the item and it's shipment.

6. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    I think I see the makings of a country song here!

7. TDPRI

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    I posted the info for another winner earlier tonight - so I removed the post. I found your info and it says it was delivered today and it was left at the side door at 5:28pm.

8. TDPRI

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    I sent you copies of all the tracking info in a Private Conversation.

9. Kebmel

Kebmel Tele-Afflicted

Aug 8, 2008
    45 south
    good on ya Ray!

10. Old Tele Hack

Mar 31, 2017
    Virginia
    It's 25 after 8 on Thursday night and I just got an email that UPS drop the package off at my house. 25 minutes from home and I'll be posting a very happy new guitar day thread!

The kids will be home but they're just going to have to deal with dad making some noise tonight!

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  11. blackjaw

blackjaw Tele-Meister

May 29, 2014
    RI
    Congrats man, very excited for you!

12. RedRiverII

RedRiverII TDPRI Member Gold Supporter

Oct 5, 2017
    Fla.
    WTG Buddy, terrific.

13. Old Tele Hack

Mar 31, 2017
    Virginia
    By way of helping build some excitement and enthusiasm for this year's giveaway, I though I'd share a minor tragedy that recently befell the AVRI '52 that I won here last year: A couple weekends ago, we were playing an outside show at a wine festival. I had my guitars secured in the stands - and a kid swinging a toy airplane from a rope caught my stand and yanked the '52 off the stage. It landed in teh gravel, but thankfully, the only damage sustained was a chip in the finish on the upper bout. I guess it's really mine, now -

Y'all support the forum - and think about the fun you'd having playing and telling the story of the guitar the internet gave you!

Blue J, tery, awasson and 2 others like this.
  14. 3bolt79

3bolt79 TDPRI Member

Nov 10, 2018
    In the woodshed
    Where do we go to enter?

15. TELE_BLUES

TELE_BLUES Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

"winners circle " thread

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.