Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

1999-2002 Fender Japan 69 Reissue "blue flowers" telecaster.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by BrockDavisson, Jan 10, 2019.

1. BrockDavisson

BrockDavisson TDPRI Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Marietta, OH
    Bought one of these online last week for a very nice price [i think] and it arrived yesterday. I dig it. Not a heavy weighted tele but I say around 7pnds and the neck feels great as in not too thin and not too fat but somewhere between I think. The sound is a low output vintage style sound but I wish it was just a tad hotter but good enough. Maybe one day change the pickups. Anyone have one of these or had? Thoughts and opinions?
    [​IMG]

My dad trying her out.
    [​IMG]

KyAnne, Gibson, OldDude2 and 7 others like this.
  2. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I dig it! I like guitar art in front of other guitar art.

HNGD.

KyAnne, Wildcard_35 and BrockDavisson like this.
  3. BrockDavisson

Jul 27, 2013
    Marietta, OH
    Thanks! :D

4. BrockDavisson

Jul 27, 2013
    Marietta, OH
    I did a video of me playing it today, we allowed to post vids here to show? :]

jonnyfez, Bones, D_W_PGH and 11 others like this.
  5. Wildcard_35

Wildcard_35 Tele-Meister

Feb 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    I like it a lot. Those Japanese Fenders are nice. I've played the pink paisley version from Japan and it was killer.

Chiogtr4x and BrockDavisson like this.
  6. BrockDavisson

Jul 27, 2013
    Marietta, OH
    Thanks! I wanted the pink one but then I found this for a good price and got it :]

7. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    UK
    I had one briefly in 2004, bought it with the intention of flipping it to raise money for my daughter's gap year project. Kept it longer than I intended, but not as long as I would have liked. I did not own a Tele at the time so did not fully approciate it then. Like you I was looking for a pink paisley but when it came up I could not resist. Sold it to a lady who both fronted her own band and ran her own horticultural business.

BrockDavisson likes this.
  8. BrockDavisson

Jul 27, 2013
    Marietta, OH
    Hope you can get another one day if you want another!

9. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    UK
    Would like to but really must sell some of these first;

upload_2019-1-10_22-19-59.jpeg

Macrogats, jrblue and BrockDavisson like this.
  10. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Tele-Afflicted

if only they make this with a rosewood board!

11. BrockDavisson

Jul 27, 2013
    Marietta, OH
    Haha yeah you got your hands full with some nice ones there already!

12. BrockDavisson

Jul 27, 2013
    Marietta, OH
    I don't know if rosewood would look good on this one? Guess I would have to see it first.

13. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Tele-Afflicted

I do however agree that it looks great with a Maple neck, especially the pink paisley one, with an aged/amber tint maple neck...

But its just my preference on feel and aesthetics! to me any Fender with a rosewood board just makes my knees weak. LOL

14. Gene O.

Gene O. Tele-Holic

Sep 20, 2015
    NE, Ohio
    My friend just bought a new pink one. I had to buy it, then ship it to him, so I got to play it a little before it departed. I thought it played very well and sounded... well, like a Tele. What surprised me was the description on Reverb said it had a "slim C neck", but there was nothing that felt slim to me. It felt closer to the size of a Baja 50s neck, but without the soft V. that might be exaggerating a bit, but it didn't feel slim. He now wants to swap the neck out because of it feeling to heavy. o_O

15. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Good luck!
    I have two Fender Japan Teles, the ones in my avatar, and they are very well made instruments.
    I have replaced pickups, switch, and pots/capacitor on both, and fell it is a big improvement.
    I also have installed Mastery Bridges, as the original bridges with the Bigsby are not real good.
    I feel I lucked out big on both purchases.

16. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    You'd have to be very comfortable with your sexuality to get the pink one! :lol:

Nah, just joshin'. Tasty licks in the video. If the stock bridge pup doesn't squeal those pickups actually sound pretty good. You can always add dirt, you can't add clean.

17. BrockDavisson

Jul 27, 2013
    Marietta, OH
    I agree not slim c neck at all but not fat 50's either... between :D

KyAnne likes this.
  18. BrockDavisson

Jul 27, 2013
    Marietta, OH
    LOL :] very comfortable haha... and haven't noticed anything about squealing but then again I don't play loud enough to probably get to hear if they do.

19. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.
    Cool looking Tele, congrats.

20. BrockDavisson

Jul 27, 2013
    Marietta, OH
    thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.