Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

1972 Fender Telecaster Sunburst

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Nick1976_1, May 23, 2017.

1. Nick1976_1

Nick1976_1 TDPRI Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Italy
    Hello, i restored my old 1972 (very early '72...) Fender Telecaster Sunburst and now i'm thinking about selling it.
    The body has the typical "notch" and all the stamps and the neck has the date 3 FEB 72 B.
    So, I decided to restor it and when i started the neck was good, the bridge, pickguard, pickups, control plate and knobs were excellent. The body needed a refin and I just put a new wiring harness.
    Now the guitar is wonderful but actually i don't know what could be the price.

Can you help me to quote it? A range of the estimated price. Here's some pictures of the guitar.
    Thank you,
    Nick

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    hemmings likes this.

2. Bluebird

Bluebird TDPRI Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Canada
    It's too bad you restored it if you planned to sell. It would have been worth considerably more in original condition, especially if sunburst was the original finish.

hdvades likes this.

3. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2016
    Rhode Island
    I think USA $1500 for a refin about right - Italy maybe more? There is a shop in Rome I've seen vintage Fenders on eBay from time to time

Pics look gorgeous BTW

4. unseen hand

unseen hand Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2014
    Phoenix, Az
    If everything is original I would say a little more.. closer to 2.5k in my opinion. Most of those eBay guitars had other issues going on

5. Nick1976_1

Nick1976_1 TDPRI Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Italy
    Thank you all!
    Blue Bird you are right...

6. Major Gruber

Major Gruber Tele-Afflicted

Feb 24, 2012
    Colombes France

Curious to know. I don't understand what means "the body needed a refin". There was an original worn sunburst and you had it refinished by someone that didn't refuse to do it as he should because it simply cuts the price in two? Or was the finish already non original, so it didn't make a difference to redo it ?

Danman likes this.

7. rob2

rob2 Tele-Meister

Apr 25, 2009
    Cork,Ireland
    .....your problem is there are plenty of '70s Fenders coming out of the woodwork in Europe now and it will be difficult to get big money for a refin as buyers are likely to wait...plus buyers like their guitars to reflect their age.... refins for best reserved for older instruments that have already had a bad one done in the past or have had serious damage....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.