Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

1970 neck pocket markings

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by gazzjazz1984, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Antoon

Antoon Tele-Holic

Feb 10, 2010
    Low Lands
    Ik font mean t
    No i dont mean the pg screws. The screw holes in the body in the neck pocket through which the neck screws go look redrilled or enlarged or something. They are not clean round holes. Which may indicate that a different neck was fitted.

2. gazzjazz1984

gazzjazz1984 TDPRI Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Australia
    Hey mate, yep got what you meant. Apparently some people enlarge those holes. You can google it.

3. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Meister

May 23, 2018
    Lake View
    Everybody keeps saying refinish, but when I Google image search for "natural 1975 Telecaster" I see many Telecasters that are the same color and have the same blushing of the bare wood in the neck pocket.

Where people are saying that they see Olympic White is exactly where the paint stick would be screwed effectively masking any white paint from that location.

Need to remove a strap button or the jack to see inside where stripping wouldn't be effective to get a better idea.

4. Antoon

Antoon Tele-Holic

Feb 10, 2010
    Low Lands
    Fender used ash bodies exclusively for natural finishes in those years.

...Nevermind, yours also looks like ash in the close up pic

5. gazzjazz1984

gazzjazz1984 TDPRI Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Australia
    Cheers for the info guys. What about the neck plate, does it look legit? I’ve had a guy raise questions about it

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.