Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

1959 Warlock Les Paul reverse!

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by joekumpan3, Apr 15, 2015.

1. joekumpan3

joekumpan3 Friend of Leo's

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    I also have straplocks just in case but the buttons seem fine. image.jpeg

2. GuildX700

GuildX700 Tele-Holic

Apr 28, 2016
    USA

3. Darkness

Darkness Tele-Holic

Apr 7, 2016
    Stygian Gulf
    Perfect! Just like I said before. The tiny glitches you made while making it are why it's perfect!

\m/

4. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's

Sep 19, 2011
    Portland, Maine
    I see perfection. Loud perfection.
    The guy on the left is who I think is the target audience for your creation.

5. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    Very kind of you thank you.

6. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    Thank you very much.

7. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    Those guys are cool. Who are they? I saw MSG in 84-85 ish Michael Schenker changed my life. Unfortunately this guitar wouldn't be able to hang in that song, the high strings can't be reached above about the16th fret. Not a good lead guitar I'm afraid.

8. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's

Sep 19, 2011
    Portland, Maine
    They are Nashville cats. I met Phil (guy on left) when my friend played bass in a road band with him. They toured with Rodney Atkins (new country) for 6 or 8 years. Phil is a trip. He is Paul Stanley in a Kiss tribute band (all Nashville players - kick the real Kiss's butt) and Eddie VH in Dan Halen - another tribute band.

9. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    I've heard of Dan Halen. They are really good. I'm much more of a recreational guitar player. Pretty cool, thanks.

10. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    In addition to a case I am building a little tweed champ to be a companion for this. The Marshall is great but I want something gritty and bluesy too. It came with all of the hardware attached so I took it all off and started to lacquer it. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

11. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    I will leave the cabinet in the sun for a while once the lacquer is built up enough. I want to get it a little more like this. image.jpeg image.jpeg

2blue2 likes this.

12. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    For that guitar you need something that looks more like a land mine.:twisted:

13. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    Yes. It will sound good on a champ too though because it has vintage Les Paul ness.

14. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    It has every kind of goodness

2blue2 likes this.

15. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    Thank you, it feels really nice. One thing about learning to make guitars myself is that I can have it exactly the way I want it. It just takes a little time to lean how to pull it off.

16. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    While I am working on a 59' style amp my little brain is plotting the case build. I have decided to go with a Lifton style brown case with probably pink velvet interior. I ordered some of the parts today. Half moon stitched handle and mounting hardware and case latches
    . image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    All 1959 style of course. Let's see if I can pull this off.

17. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    I ordered a sample of pleather that looks right it is recycled leather and polyurethane or something like that. I'll see how it looks and feels. image.png

18. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    I worked with some stuff in the late 80's, early 90's which I think was called ultra-leather. It was vinyl backed leather, which gave you this beautiful leather finish with all the flexibility for upholstery of vinyl. We used it for high end stereo installations, door panels, amp racks and a little dash work. Really good stuff to work with.

19. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    I'll check it out, thanks.

awasson likes this.

20. joekumpan3

Jun 19, 2011
    Kaneohe Hawaii
    Anybody know where to get hinges like this? They seem like they would be easy to come by but two days of googling have come up empty. I think they are around 1" x 1 1/2" offset is maybe 1/4". image.png
    How about feet like this? I believe both are all brass. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I am checking into brief case and trunk suppliers too.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.