Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

1956 Tele on York PA Craigslist - $2000

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by jondanger, Feb 5, 2015.

1. jondanger

jondanger Friend of Leo's

Jan 27, 2011
    Charm City, MD
    Hey no sweat, if I see something good out there and can't jump on it for whatever reason, I like to throw it up here so people can get a look. This might be the first time that I'm 100% sure that someone actually acted on one of these little alerts. So happy that it worked out, and thanks for posting all the additional pictures. Looks great, I like it the way it is but can totally understand the inclination to restore. Enjoy it!

2. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky
    Great find! Congrats. toomuchfun!

3. Joefish

Joefish Tele-Afflicted

Dec 31, 2008
    PA
    Sounds like a plan ... Thank you Sir!

... let me check with my friend Tom (so I can check out this guitar), the Marshman, Mr. Burns, Charlie, jbmando and mickeydean ... I owe these guys and would like to do something cool

4. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 14, 2008
    Manheim Pa.
    My pleasure .
    Bring your chops .

5. eichaan

eichaan Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Congratulations on a cool new addition to your amazing collection, Toomuchfun! And if Otterhound can host another get together before I move to Virginia in June, I will do everything I can to attend one last time. Stay warm!

6. BOBBRADLEY

BOBBRADLEY TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Derby city!

7. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    Spring City, Pa
    I want to get my hands on that one!!!

8. toomuchfun

toomuchfun Tele-Holic

Feb 9, 2014
    NE US
    Thanks for the kind words, I hope to show it off at the next jam otterhound holds. It's a player and anyone who wants to can give it a workout. Here's another shot.

Attached Files:

9. Tele wacker

Tele wacker Tele-Holic

Jun 15, 2009
    Wichita is nice.
    I would have to pass on this unless the seller has the original tuners, bridge and pups.

10. jondanger

jondanger Friend of Leo's

Jan 27, 2011
    Charm City, MD
    For $2000 you would pass? To each his own I guess. I'm pretty sure that this is a screaming deal though.

11. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    ...& already purchased.

I agree. I would have borrowed money had that been in my neck of the woods.

12. toomuchfun

toomuchfun Tele-Holic

Feb 9, 2014
    NE US
    Sir, if you will please tell me where I can buy a '50's Tele with the originality you mention for $2K I will gladly give you a $2K finders fee.

13. fiestared69

fiestared69 TDPRI Member

Jan 7, 2008
    The Ozarks
    You and me both !!!

14. toomuchfun

toomuchfun Tele-Holic

Feb 9, 2014
    NE US
    Less than 2 weeks since I got it and I just couldn't let well enough alone. So here it is with a white single ply 5 hole pickguard, 3 saddle (steel saddles) bridge, correct style tuners, top hat knob slipped right on the selector switch and Fender strap pins. All hardware is new but looks like it should for '56.

The good part, so far no downside to the changes. Plays and sounds great. I'm not doing anything else but play it, and I can reverse all or any if needed.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.