Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

1955 Stratocaster Build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by preeb, Feb 17, 2009.

1. ordenes10

ordenes10 Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2009
    germany

2. blueruins

blueruins TDPRI Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Honokaa, Hawaii
    You continually blow my mind Gil! As long as I've been lusting after stratocasters you managed to take the old and familiar and make it look fresh and exciting! Artistry!

The action looks so enticing on those strats...the 3T looks like you'd have trouble sliding a razor under that last fret.

Is that in the area of the action yours ship with?

3. zpfled

zpfled TDPRI Member

Feb 8, 2012
    United States
    Les Pauls are pretty, but Strats are the epitome of Form Follows Function design when it comes to guitars, and THAT is art :cool:

4. preeb

preeb Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Sonoran Desert
    I set them up with almost zero action just to make sure the neck is perfect.
    Some keep it as is and some change it to their preffered normal playing action.

5. preeb

preeb Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Sonoran Desert
    The true art is playing them properly (-;

6. johnsontylerj

johnsontylerj TDPRI Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    You really are an inspiring human being

All that work and you don't even make your own Pickup covers or stamped bridge saddles...pffft...weak ;)

Seriously though Gil, I've seen a few of your builds on here (your Jazz Bass, Les Paul, and this strat) and I always find them informative and AMAZING. If I could afford to have you build a guitar for me - I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for sharing the talents and skill you bring to guitar luthier-ing...

I'll hit you up for some advice if I'm ever ready to tackle more than just modding a guitar I already own.

Cheers man,
    -Tyler

7. eitanuch

eitanuch TDPRI Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Israel
    I just googled "strat build" and found this thread in the result page.

You have done a really awesome work here. כל הכבוד!

8. Solidguitar

Solidguitar TDPRI Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Vero Beach, Florida
    You forgot to us a set of strings with an unwound 3rd string! ha. What a beautiful guitar. I want 20! I can only afford maybe 2 or 3 screws or a piece of wire though:'( Great work!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.