Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

1954 Telecaster Birdseye looking neck

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Sirfretsalot, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Sirfretsalot

Sirfretsalot TDPRI Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Flint Michigan
    My son and I were at Elderly Instruments yesterday and was able to play an actual 1954 Tele. Not familiar with vintage Tele's, I had no idea that the necks back then were so beautiful with some birseye qualities. My son mike took this picture of the neck.

Attached Files:

• jyg.jpg
      jyg.jpg
      File size:
      41.6 KB
      Views:

2. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Norway
    They usually weren't. Leo didn't like the thought of a standard production guitar having "custom" features like birdseye or flame pattern. It happened - like today - but they were real far between.

3. TelecasterSam

TelecasterSam Tele-Holic

Apr 25, 2003
    Indiana
    Nice! Nothing like a trip to Elderly. It's been a few years since I've made the 4-5 hour trip. I bought a couple things from them and always felt like they treated me right.

4. Olgabowl

Olgabowl Tele-Meister

Nov 23, 2011
    Olga, WA
    More great pics here...

Love seeing this, as I recently bought this Musikraft Tele neck for a late-50's build, and love seeing confirmation that birdeye sneaked into those guitars...

Rare, though...

5. SamClemons

SamClemons Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2011
    Jasper, TN
    If I was in the market for a vintage tele, I would probably jump all over that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.