Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

$1500.00 What guitar would you buy?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 76telepicker, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Kingsnakes

Kingsnakes TDPRI Member

52 reissue with money left over for gas

2. studio1087

studio1087 Doctor of Teleocity

I am green with envy. I've bought two Martins and two PRS SE's from them and I've never been near the store. I cannot imagine what it would be like just to walk in there and smell the air.......they always have about a zillion high end acoustics. It must smell like the lumber mill from Heaven.

We always fly over Michigan (Elderly) and over PA (Martin) when we visit family in NY. Just once I'd like to drive and be a tourist along the way.

Stupid airplanes. :mrgreen:

I have two Elderly T-Shirts. One is blue and one is vintage green-ish. I've never been there but I've got the T-Shirts. Ahhhhhhhhhh I envy you for living 15 minutes from the store.

John

3. Yoni

Yoni Friend of Leo's

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Telepatio

Telepatio Tele-Meister

I'd probably get Mr. Kirn to make me something. His guits are da'bomb!

Or maybe a Gibby Firebird. I dig those and love the mini hums.

It's hard to go wrong with a Martin.

6. Jeri

Jeri Tele-Meister

$1500.00 is that all ?

7. Sterling Indigo

Sterling Indigo Friend of Leo's

Yeah, Elderly's got a great vibe. It's a vintage building in Lansing's renovated Old Towne. The floors creak and it does smell good! I think it's haunted (in a good way). Jaw dropping impromptu demonstrations by talented customers and employees are quite common. There's always customers from waay out of town that are willing to grant me temporary celebrity status just for being a local (which I'm good at carefully divulging at just the right time). "We drove 800 miles to get here today!" "Really? I rode over on my bicycle, now let me have a look at your trade-in". lol Seriously, sometimes I feel like I'm there too much. It puts a weird perspective on really rare items when you see so many of them in the same place. I have no affiliation other than being on their catalog mailing list which I looked at last night right before falling asleep.

8. Southern Ill

Southern Ill Banned

Call Creston and have him build you "YOUR" Tele.....That way when your tele has some "other" teles' over at the house...."Yours" won't get mistaken for the "others"

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Southern Ill

Southern Ill Banned

10. beep.click

beep.click Poster Extraordinaire

I have everything I could possibly want, but -- I think I'd try to find a short-scale semi-hollow Ric, with toasters. Like a Lennon model, or similar. Used.

I don't think $1500 would buy a new one...

11. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

I really love those new Carvins... drool over 'em frequently... :D

but if I can get a 2nd fiddle... :rolleyes: How's about one these Eastmans... (T186MX)
    [​IMG]

12. markothefish

markothefish Friend of Leo's

Gibson Les Paul Studio , I've always wanted a nice Les Paul . Money being the biggest object .......

[​IMG]

13. Michael

Michael Tele-Holic

For that money...

... you could probably have your pick of most any used Hamer, IMHO the best made, highest quality guitar I've ever owned. At one time or another I've had Teles, Strats, Gibsons, a Gretsch Country Club, various acoustics, you name it. I wanted to try as many as I could, but could only afford a couple of guitars at a time. The nicest guitar I've ever owned is my Hamer Monaco Superpro. Hamers are expensive to buy new, but, despite their awesome quality, do not maintain anything like their deserved value when selling used. You could score a beautiful Hamer for that kind of scratch.

14. Louthunder

Louthunder Tele-Holic

One gentleman already said it,but I would love to own one of Ron Kirn's Basic T teles. I'd of had one this year, but I put on a wedding this year( I could have bought about 3 of Ron's best) so It'll have to wait just a bit longer.

15. Intonator

Intonator Tele-Meister

I'm a simple man...easily pleased.....

A new Fender Baja Tele would do just fine for me.

16. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire

Rainsong or Composite graphite full sized acoustic

17. Telarkaster

Telarkaster Friend of Leo's

$1500 is a bit of an awkward number, more than most medium priced guitars but less than an ES-335 or a US Gretsch.

I'd go with a Standard SG in cherry red (I think $1500 would cover it)

Or, for the most bang for the buck the following:

-Squier Vintage Modified Custom (humbuckers)
    -Squier Vintage Modified Custom II (p90s)
    -Epiphone g-400 (SG)
    -replacement pickups and pots, maybe tuners
    -cases and straps for the 3 guitars

I'd probably have some money left over for beer and smokes. Or flowers to placate my wife.

Quantity over quality, hard decision. The SG standard would hold it's value but modding the Epi and Squier would provide for hours of fun...

18. andromeda673

andromeda673 Tele-Meister

i would buy a joe strummer telecaster, and Bob Logan relic custom telecaster! I love the bob logan telecaster's.

and maybe a used Jackson model A with a floyd rose, just for grins and giggles

19. Jammin'John

Jammin'John Tele-Afflicted

Stuff

I would get 2 used tele's.

or

1 or 2 used tweed amp clones.

or

A new Logan & a used G&L.

JJ

20. JPark

JPark Tele-Afflicted

I'd probably get a 335ish guitar, maybe a used Gibson... sigh...

21. bosstone

bosstone Tele-Afflicted

I have two Teles and a Strat now. I love all 3 but my playing style and music I play actually lends itself better to a Strat. I am getting better on the Teles and play them as much as the Strats but in all honesty the first thing I that came to my mind when you asked the question was to put down a big deposit on a Callaham Strat. If I still had the old black face Fenders and Traynors I had in the past, I would consider another Tele but being very satisfied with my All Parts and Hamer T-51 Teles, I'd also consider a good single pickup Les Paul JR clone, like a Hamer or Heritage. That's my answer and I'm sticking to it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.