Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

12.7.17...........It Begins......

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Dec 7, 2017.

1. esetter

esetter Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 1, 2011
    MI
    I've lived in Michigan most all of my life, except for 10 years that I spent in the Dallas, TX area. Why I moved back to MI I'll never know?! I hate the winters!

Chicago Matt and studio1087 like this.

2. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Holic

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    Well. Now it's snowing. Good grief. Guess I spoke too soon!

studio1087 likes this.

3. pauljo1963

pauljo1963 Tele-Holic

Jul 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    what are you on about ???
    we get snow in Australia on the 12th of July 2017

studio1087 likes this.

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Lovely shot! I lived for fives years in Manchester and would take the train to Buxton to either bicycle or walk the hills in the Peak District. I only remember one day of snow in my time there.

studio1087 likes this.

5. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    UK
    I was brought up in Yorkshire, where we had a decent amount of snow every year. Here in Oxfordshire we rarely see any.
    My daughter now works in Spain. Last January she could swim in the sea one day and ski the next. That sounds like fun, but I wouldn't want to spend the summer in Spain's heat.

studio1087 likes this.

6. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    Macclesfield, UK
    Buxton's a lovely town but I would not be able to get there tonight - it will probably be snowed in, it's always colder there. Also the Cat & Fiddle (A537) is not a road to be taken lightly at the best of times - it is usually classified as one of the top 5 most dangerous roads in Britain.

7. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    Macclesfield, UK
    We will be spending Christmas in Spain, as we have done for the last 3 years. Your daughter is not exaggerating - we get on the plane in the middle of winter, and get off the plane to a beautiful 'summer' day. But the real Summers there can be intolerably hot...

studio1087 likes this.

8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    One cold miserable night hunting with my hounds high on breckenridge mountain, snow was already rearend deep to tall okie and it started snowing again. On the way back from treeing a varmint with my hounds in tow, I stopped for a breather. Getting ready to start back to where my truck was parked, I leaned a pre 64 winchester 94 up against a tree and said goodbye to it. I was just gonna just leave it there, but changed my mind went back and got it, after I'd gone about a hundred yards. I hate cold wearher!

9. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    We've gotten below freezing a few times already, but usually around Osaka if it's that cold it's sunny and bright. The temperature and precipitation usually only combine to create significant accumulations (like over 3-5cm) of snow a few times a season. I live up in the hills, and we sometimes get snow when my school doesn't, which creates somewhat hairy conditions a few times a year, but I reckon that if the city buses can make it, I can make it, and if they can't I'm just staying home.

In spite of the mess and the chopping, I quite enjoy woodstove season; makes the living room cheery.

studio1087 likes this.

10. 3fngrs

3fngrs Tele-Holic

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    Pat Dailey knows how it's done. Playing Put in Bay, Lake Erie in the summer and Sloppy Joe's, Key West in the winter.

Winter is alright until January 2nd. Then the entertainment value is gone and cabin fever starts kicking in.

studio1087 likes this.

11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I've biked it and live to tell the tale. And I had a pint at the Cat & Fiddle!

tintag27 and studio1087 like this.

12. acrylicsuperman

acrylicsuperman Tele-Holic

Nov 17, 2010
    Arizona
    I live in Arizona now, but lived in Washington most of my life. Can't say I want to be in Wisconsin for the winter, but will admit, I do miss the snow and rain, the gray scale of the sky and the fallen autumn leaves of this time of year. It is kind of difficult to get in to the holliday spirit down here, at least for me. It just doesn't feel right.

studio1087 likes this.

13. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2016
    Arizona
    Been fairly mild working here in Montreal the last month or so but fixin to get cold next week. Looking forward to getting back home to AZ.

Lake Placid Blue and studio1087 like this.

14. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    I'm glad you came to your senses....It's just cruel to leave a perfectly good rifle out in the cold. If you didn't want it, someone would've given it a good home. You wouldn't do that to a hound, would you?

Toto'sDad and studio1087 like this.

15. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Friend of Leo's

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    To quote Mr Horse of Ren & Stimpy fame, “No sir, I don't like it.”
    You can keep your snow and bitter cold. Enjoy!

nojazzhere and studio1087 like this.

16. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain. :)

studio1087 likes this.

17. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    You're just looking for renters... C'mon, 'fess up :D

My dad moved from CT to FL eight years ago. He keeps trying to convince me "You'd love it down here!". Sometimes I wonder how after all these years he knows so little about me.

I like the cold, but you can keep most of the snow.

18. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    I'm glad I live in southern Utah. It's soooo mild in the winter. We rarely get snow. I've lived in DFW and in parts of the panhandle of Texas and I always dreaded the winter and snow and ice and all that damed stuff! We lived in Colorado for three years, in Greeley for two and Co Springs for 1. The first year, the Colorado snow was a novelty: huge flakes, it fell straight down, it was pleasant, it was beautiful at night, so peaceful. FWIW, in Texas, it usually snows sideways. The second year in CO, meh. The last year in Co Springs: In april, it snowed 36" in 24 hours. Shut the city down. Nearly trapped my wife at work for a couple days (she just barely left in time to get home and she drove a jeep). we were snowed in for a few days, which was pretty terrible. We moved back to Texas in May.

studio1087 likes this.

19. Preacher

Preacher Tele-Afflicted

Apr 17, 2007
    Big D
    It’s snowing in Dallas!! And San Antonio!!

studio1087 likes this.

20. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I love the snow but I dislike bitter cold.

When it's 25 outside everything stays white and pretty and skiing is great and walking in the woods is great and being outside is great.

When it's 20 below outside we have to stay inside.

When it's 38 outside the snow melts and we live with mud and it's gross.

Did I mention that it's beautiful and fun when it's in the 20's. It's so exciting!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.