Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

12.7.17...........It Begins......

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Dec 12, 2004
    Ohio
    Love winter, and WI would b fine!

studio1087 likes this.

2. bowman

bowman Friend of Leo's

Sep 15, 2006
    Framingham, MA
    My relationship with snow is about to get a whole lot better, because I'm retiring in 2 weeks. For the first time in 45 years I'll be able peek out the window at 4:30 AM, see the snow coming down, and go right back to sleep. No more cleaning the car off, no more shoveling or scraping, until I feel like going out there. It might be the best part of the whole retirement thing...

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    If the temperature NEVER EVER AGAIN fell below 75 degrees Fahrenheit I would be so happy, I would sing, NOT dancing in the rain. You and all of those who enjoy snow, cold weather, and being bundled up may have my share of said activities free of charge, and with no complaint from me at all.

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    It snows in Bakersfield about every ten years, it hasn't snowed here in longer than that, we're due, if (when) it does, me and Toto are going to hide until it goes away.

5. Brokenpick

Brokenpick Tele-Holic

Oct 29, 2008
    Dixie
    If I never saw snow again... I'd be fine with it.

Dry snow with Colorado blue sky overhead and skiing on your agenda is one thing.
    Chiseling ice off your windshield in the dark just to risk your life on icy roads en route to yer stinkin job is another.
    Nope. Shoveled way too much, plowed, had frozen pipes, worried about roof collapse, walked the dog in sub-zero windchills, waited on train platforms in the cold... had power outages with ice tearing down lines and trees... snow sliding down roofs tearing off gutters and porches.....
    Nope. Y'all keep all that mess.

studio1087 and troy2003 like this.

6. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I lived in the Yukon for several formative years < saw snow from september to June, If I ever see another snow flake it would not bother me, having said that it is a necessity to keep the water table flowing. But I live in kamloops and like BigDaddyLH "Sun Peaks ski Village" is a going concern.up here.

studio1087 likes this.

7. Sconnie

Sconnie Tele-Holic

May 1, 2017
    Denver, CO
    I was born in Point but grew up in Fort Collins, CO so I'm still a winter person wooo! No snow here yet however...

studio1087 likes this.

8. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    I'm on the MA/NH border. We've had flurries, but this weekend could be a couple of inches. I really hate it. When I retire-at the end of 2018-I will spend at least January and February in Florida. If I never used my snow blower ever again it would be OK with me.

studio1087 and troy2003 like this.

9. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

We're getting ready for all of the snow and tropics.

The snow part is more complicated than you'd think because I'm one of the directors at a ski club with jumping, alpine, Nordic, biathlon and fat biking. It's budgets, machines, wells, politics, and keeping 2000+ people happy.

We go a different direction than John (Studio) but we're also looking forward to two weeks on a small island famous for diving and snorkeling.

At the moment getting ready for it all and the day job just feels like a whole lot of work.

As for the other stuff discussed. I like all the seasons. More and more I really like the fat biking because we can leave from our garage on bikes vs haul gear or get in the car. We're at the edge of metro area so a few mi of pedaling (even most of it off streets) gets me to a trailhead that can be an easy 8-15 mi trail ride.

:)

10. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Snow is like meh to me. Too hot also stinks. I like to just play music instead

11. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Holic

Oct 24, 2012
    southern California
    It's all sunny here. When there is snow, about 45 minutes to the mountains. If I want the desert or the ocean, about the same predicated on the amount of traffic, which usually has some congestion. Yep.......Cal-i-for-ni-i-ya!

studio1087 likes this.

12. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2007
    St. Croix, USVI
    Put in the category of, No Thanks.
    That is one reason I live in Caribbean
    When the nights start dippin' below 75 i'm chillin' but not in the good way

studio1087 likes this.

13. Blue333

Blue333 TDPRI Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX

A fellow South Texan! I grew up in Chicago and swore I'd live somewhere warm. It's awesome that I think 45 is cold, now!

nojazzhere likes this.

14. Glen W

Glen W Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 10, 2003
    CT
    Winter is a wonderful season!

I just think it's about 3-1/2 months too long. :D

nojazzhere and Blue333 like this.

15. Steve Ouimette

Steve Ouimette Tele-Holic

Aug 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    For the first 7 years of my life we lived in Minneapolis. Snow was fun. I was a kid and had zero responsibilities. Salt on the road, shoveling the driveway, scraping the windshields, worrying about the roof collapsing because of the weight, driving on black ice. All of these things never occurred to me.

Then we moved to California. Winters in San Francisco are a different kind of cold altogether. No snow, but man that whip off the Bay is biting! Then we moved to Seattle when I was a young adult. Got to deal with the snow and rain. No thank you! Sure it looks nice when it comes down, but when it melts it's just a mess. And it's too cold.

We live in Scottsdale now for the past 14 years. Yesterday my wife laid out by the pool. I'll take that any day, all day over the snow, thank you very much!

But...it sure doesn't look like Christmas is a couple of weeks away. That's always bizarre. People putting Santa hats on cactus is always hilarious though.

Sun time fun time.

16. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2009
    Waubeka Wisconsin
    I've lived in Wisconsin for all of my 53 years, and I still hate Winter!

I guess I should clarify that statement- I hate Winter in Wisconsin when it's cold and snowy, or when there is salt on the roads.

When it's warm enough in winter to ride my motorcycle, then I'm okay with it... ;)

esetter and studio1087 like this.

17. Darkness

Darkness Tele-Holic

Apr 7, 2016
    Stygian Gulf
    The most snow I’ve ever experienced in person was maybe 3/4 of an inch. Seriously.

Are you offering a place to stay so I can come up and enjoy this thing called Winter? We don’t have that in Houston. :)

studio1087 likes this.

18. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    WAIT!...What???...Christmas is only a couple weeks away?....I thought we just did that!
    ukepicker....here in North Central Texas (DFW) the first couple of days driving on snow aren't too bad....the majority of drivers stay off the roads, and those of us who know what we're doing can get out safely. But then the idiots see US driving OK, and figure they can too. That's when it gets dangerous...as Paul Simon once said....."Slip slidin' away...." THAT'S when I start stayin' home.

ukepicker likes this.

19. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    Macclesfield, UK
    Rainow Snow.jpg
    We have sleet right now - it's a horrible night out there...
    Snow here is very unpredictable, and sometimes doesn't turn up at all...
    so here is one I shot earlier (a couple of years earlier!) from the hill half a mile away...

paratus likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.