Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

12.7.17...........It Begins......

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:03 AM.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yayyyyyy! I pity you folks who live in warm weather 365 days per year although we are going diving over Christmas in Mexico but then we'll be back in the cold.

Yayyyyyy cold and white beautiful snow.

Yayyyyyy getting on the tractor and pushing snow around in a Carhartt jumpsuit like a kid playing with big Tonka toy.

Yayyyyyy!

Who lives in a warm climate but you want to be in Wisconsin for winter??? C'mon. Fess up.

2. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO

3. t guitar floyd

t guitar floyd Tele-Holic

Feb 4, 2016
    sw US
    Moved from Colorado to Arizona to escape snow and cold weather. Love Colorado . . . in the summertime! :)

studio1087 likes this.

4. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    We usually get our heaviest snowfall in late January/early February. I think an inch or two is due here Saturday.

studio1087 likes this.

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I kinda miss snow from my Minnesota childhood, and the dozen years I lived in Canada.
    I’ll never miss having to travel in it.
    Snow’s fun, at first.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 2:26 PM

6. PelhamSG

PelhamSG Tele-Meister

Aug 22, 2017
    chicago
    We got our first snow today in Chicago (suburbs for me). I love it!! I think its beautiful <3 Im sure ill be sick of it by February, but right now I love it lol

studio1087 and TMMC like this.

7. TMMC

TMMC Tele-Afflicted

Apr 3, 2013
    SLC
    We had two inches on Sunday; we get snow here anytime between Oct-May, but usually it's Nov-March that hits hard. So far it's been super light, but if you factor windchill it's almost 0* outside in downtown SLC right now. WAY cold, with no snow buffer.

studio1087 likes this.

8. tap4154

tap4154 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California
    I love visiting the snow, which I can do in an hour's drive & spending time in a family cabin, BUT then coming home to a nice, tropical beach climate works for me :D Also would be torture to do my kind of work in the snow.

studio1087 likes this.

9. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Snow is fun for kids.....pain in the a** for grownups.

jannodude, televillian, Dan R and 3 others like this.

10. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Holic

Nov 4, 2011
    Surprise, AZ

studio1087 likes this.

11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

My local ski hill this morning... Bring it on!

cliff.jpg

tintag27, studio1087 and Obsessed like this.

12. TMMC

TMMC Tele-Afflicted

Apr 3, 2013
    SLC
    Nice.

I'm not sure what our big resorts are like, but Snowbird (one of our best, one of THE best) is currently at 30" at the base, which is about 7,600'. Looking like a slow start to the year.

studio1087 likes this.

13. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    We haven't had more than flurries so far this year, sounds like we will get an inch or so this weekend. I usually don't mind it, but a couple years ago we had so much snow I had to use the front end loader to pile it up along the driveway. The piles were 6 foot high or so.

Still, that's nothing compared to what our friends in the U.P. get, quite often they end up tunneling to get out.

esetter and studio1087 like this.

14. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Nope, such a scenario for me would be punishment, not the fulfillment of some childhood wish. I was born in a little town about 35 miles north of here, and I've lived in Corpus Christi for 42 years, all told. I briefly lived in other towns in Texas. The only other places I've lived, also briefly, were islands: San Juan, Puerto Rico and Wewak, Papua New Guinea. I'm absolutely acclimated to warm and humid. I'm 64 years old, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've even seen snow. And about once every decade is enough for me.

For the past couple of days, we've had temps in the mid 40s, with relative humidity being 97% or outright raining, with 20 mph winds. I'm wearing my Tony Lama boots and Stetson wool felt hat, I'm dressing in layers and wearing gloves and a coat...and still feel perpetually chilled.

I guess it's what you're accustomed to, isn't it? I would never choose to live north of the Red River. I would never visit Wisconsin or any of the other northern tier of states in winter, but more power to ya, John!

Dan R, studio1087 and troy2003 like this.

15. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Meister

Feb 5, 2015
    ca
    snow is awesome... bring it on... our local mtn opened yesterday but there s not enough coverage to get me up there..

studio1087 and TMMC like this.

16. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    It's fun for me and the kids. They're great kids. I do wear a helmet when teaching so don't lecture me. ;)
    I drilled a hole through my PSIA name plate and I hang it on my zippers so that I don't have to poke holes in my jackets. I drilled right through it. I'm a shocking rebel. :confused:

[​IMG]

You can dress for the cold and be comfortable. I can't dress for heat. (That's what we tell ourselves).

[​IMG]

That is so beautiful. I've been out west and instructors have noticed my PSIA tag and the first questions are always "where do you teach?" and "what's your vertical drop?"

When I reply that our drop is 250' the instructors usually think that I'm BS'ing. I explain that I live in farm land and that a 250' drop is very unusual. The next question is "How do you teach on a 250' drop" I reply "We make lots of laps". It cracks me up speaking to someone who grew up in the mountains and I grew up next to corn and soybean fields. It's all very different. The snowy mountains are so beautiful.

17. King Creole

King Creole Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 24, 2011
    Colorado
    I love snow. And I like that here in Colorado, people are generally excited about snow. It's a big part of the economy and people's recreation.

studio1087 likes this.

18. Recce

Recce Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    I haven't skied in thirty years but that picture makes me want to strap the skis on and go down the hill. It is beautiful.

studio1087 likes this.

19. troy2003

troy2003 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    Haven’t had nearly the snow in Central MN is recent years. As a kid in the 70’s and 80’s I remember opening the front door and snow was up to the eaves. If it was on a school day-BONUS!

studio1087 likes this.

20. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Holic

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    I love you, brother John, but you can keep the snow.

It melts off in less than 24 hours here (if we get any at all). And the roads hardly ever freeze. We are comfortable outside for 9 months of the year here.

Of course, when it does snow, you have to stay off the roads. We aren't equipped with sand or salt. And everyone drives like an idiot. But they'll shut school down for an inch or more, so that helps. It's kinda funny - I remember riding my bike to school in Iowa when I was kicking up snow with the pedals.

nojazzhere and studio1087 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.