Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

10th anniversary edition of my first solo album FREE!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jackson Jackson, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Jackson Jackson

Jackson Jackson Friend of Leo's

In celebration of the 10th anniversary of my first solo album Busywork, I’ve released the Severance Package Edition which is available for FREE at www.jacksonjacksonandthecitizens.com/bspe.html . The Severance Package Edition contains remixed and alternate versions of all the original songs, as well as previously unreleased and live tracks.

The songs on Busywork were written primarily from the time I was 17 years old through my mid-twenties, and recorded during the summer of 2001. Revisiting them was very much like going through a box of old photos and love letters. The Busywork album been out of print for awhile now, so I thought I’d give it the “once over” and re-release it in a manner that’s closer to what I originally envisioned ten years ago. Old photos in shiny new frames.

Please feel free to download and enjoy!

2. Tele-writer

Tele-writer Tele-Meister

folks, you should check this one out! JJ has a nice way with a tune :)

3. Skub

Skub Friend of Leo's

You speak the truth TW,that was excellent.In the style of a good Del Amitri song to my ears. When I hear some of the offerings out there that have become big sellers,it's bordering on criminal that music of this calibre should be given away free.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Jackson Jackson

Thanks you two! If you guys liked the last few albums you should find something to like in this one as well. It was fun and strange to go back and polish up a ten year old recording that contained some songs I wrote as early as 17 years old.

I LOVE giving away music these days. It's very artistically satisfying to my soul. Music for the sake of music. It's a beautiful thing.

6. Skub

Skub Friend of Leo's

Maan,you'll never make the grade as a corporate breadhead. :cry:

7. Jackson Jackson

Ain't that the truth. :p

The way I see it, these days, record contracts are for pop stars. Music is made by artists, and I don't have to ask anyone's permission to make music.

Of course I'll probably go to my grave with $8 in my bank account. :grin:

8. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Wow, that clip is great, great music. At first, I loved the rhythm pattern. Then the chord progression, then the vocal line, then the harmony. You hit the big four of songwriting all in the same song. Hats off.

9. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Nice. I like it. Ever since i discovered The Decemberist a few years back. Oregon has got something good going on. Maybe its the pretty landscape. Nice. A few months ago i downloaded a Pink Floyd song, I like your originals too. I mostly play heavy rawk but have an ear for all music that is good.:D

10. CraigL

CraigL Tele-Meister

Wow! Digging these tunes. Thanks!

11. Jackson Jackson

Thanks guys! Please feel free to check out the music page, more free downloadable music!

12. bbmyers

bbmyers Tele-Meister

Dude. Seriously nice work there !! The whole band is tight, great backup vocals with an expert mix.

Thanks for posting it..

BB

13. binkydognose

binkydognose Tele-Afflicted

I'm off work until 2012 and cheerfully sitting at home with a cup of coffee in front of the imac and studio monitors listening to Jackson Jackson. Thanks for more great free tunes.

Next step, catch up with all the new stuff on the TDPRI Twanger Central and Recording in Progress forums!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.