Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

♥♥♥MOTHER'S Cookies Are Back♥♥♥

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by getbent, Jun 5, 2009.

1. jhundt

jhundt Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 23, 2003
    Netherlands
    what about the iced raisins?

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

3. jaimed

jaimed Poster Extraordinaire

4. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 17, 2007
    Willamette and Columbia

5. Oh, Lord, we had a chain of restaurants up here called Mother's that specialized in veal sandwiches .. and they are missed big time! One of the best sandwiches in this town!

6. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 21, 2007
    Wisconsin, USA
    They were Rippin' Good Carosel Cookies in my youth, they still exist, but I do not know if it's still an independent company in a small WI town.

7. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Did they also make "Mother's Oats?" That was the oatmeal I ate as a kid. I wonder who made the Ginger Snaps that came in waxed paper bags. They make me think of Saturdays when we'd spend the day at my Grandmother's house in Oakland.

8. blue water girl

blue water girl Tele-Afflicted

Jan 22, 2004

I have a serious sweet tooth, and probably a desperate cookie addiction:lol:

Those circus cookies look awesome, BUT the iced lemonade ones sound AMAZING. We don't have those cookies in the South. I feel like checking to see if they can be ordered on amazon. Yummy. Frosted oatmeal and frosted raisin also sound great.....and dangerous!!

9. Telewilly

Telewilly Tele-Meister

Apr 19, 2008
    Katmandoo

The only one I liked out of that bunch was the chocolate chip found in the "assortment package". Never could find them packaged by themselves. I didn't buy them too often because of that, and no one else around here liked the rest of the "assortment" either, so they ended up in the trash.

10. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

Jules,

I'll send you some... my son and his friends got my wife to buy a bunch... just pm me your info and I'll send them along...

11. csbluesman

csbluesman Tele-Meister

May 3, 2009
    Chehalis,WA
    I worked for a northwest tire store and always loved when the Mother's guy came in for a flat! Free cookies! We took care of him fast he got the best service in town.

12. asatfan

asatfan Tele-Afflicted

Did Mother's Cookies have something to do with baseball cards??

13. Poppatwang

Poppatwang Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    St. Paul, MN
    Last week's NY Times had an article about how they were mismanaged to the point of extinction.
    Let's show how we can not only bake cookies, but cook the books as well.

14. Wardpike

Wardpike Friend of Leo's

Feb 16, 2008
    St. John's, Newfoundland
    Lots of groaners above! LOL

15. stevieboy

stevieboy Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    the valley
    They did put out a baseball card set every year. Once a year or so in my job as a sports photographer I'd run into their photographer at a game or two. I never actually saw the card sets though and don't know how exactly they distributed them, I assume in their cookie packaging. The guy always brought cookies though!

Edit to add: Just did a google search and see that they distributed them for free at games, in the eighties and nineties. They also did sets from the Pacific Coast League in 1952 and 1953 that they put in with cookies.

16. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Those iced animal cookies are best when you put 'em in your mouth and let the frosting melt (takes a while,) before you chew them at all. You shouldn't eat more than 3,000 of them at a sitting; clogs your arteries.

17. fltpkr

fltpkr RIP

Feb 13, 2007
    Oregoon
    My fave was the "Chocolate Chip Assortment". Regular choc chip, choc choc chip, choc chip coconut, etc. When my daughter was about 5, we could put away the better part of a whole bag after dinner. She's 25 now, and eats about 2 cookies a year, I think.

BTW, Getbent, I have a Mother's Cookies baseball card with Ken Griffey Jr and Sr, both as players for the Mariners. I think it was Jr's sophomore year.

18. blue water girl

blue water girl Tele-Afflicted

Jan 22, 2004

YEEEEEE HAWWWW - check your inbox bay-bee

What a guy:D

19. Booman

Booman Tele-Holic

Sep 23, 2005
    North Cali
    jhundt we could hang out. A big ol bag of Iced Raisin's, some milk, talk the bay area club scene circa 78-83. Oh yeah!
    Now a rack of Taffy's would do if we couldn't nail any IR's.

Boo

20. PraiseCaster

PraiseCaster Poster Extraordinaire

Those mothers iced circus cookies are DA BOMB!

And thats coming from a guy that really aint into sweets that much (I'm more of a chip and dip kinda guy).

I didnt know they Made macaroons. I had a serious addiction when I was 5 to about 14 years of age to Van de Kamps Macaroons, but I couldnt find em locally.

Hmmmmm? Wonder if I could find em on the internet? If I do, I'm blaming all of you, because you were yakking about em in this thread......................

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.