Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

☢zombie☢safehouse☢contest

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by getbent, Nov 11, 2010.

1. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

Attached Files:

2. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

Jan 24, 2006
    South London
    I liked the option on stilts but what it needs it a hidden rope that pulls down a stairwell from the roof...

3. tgfmike

tgfmike Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Culver City CA
    You mean for 2011?

4. getbent

I've convinced my neighbors to stockpile food... not because I think they'll need it, but because it will be nice for me to have extra!:D

5. Sterling Indigo

Sterling Indigo Friend of Leo's

Sep 4, 2008
    East Lansing
    C'mon, they don't even walk that fast! lol

6. Tdot

Tdot Poster Extraordinaire

The zombies I knew were slow, aimless, and groggy. But these modern zombies can run, swarm, and attack. I don't like it.

7. Sterling Indigo

Sep 4, 2008
    East Lansing
    In that case, anything involving flame throwers then...:twisted:

8. Birdmankustomz

Birdmankustomz Friend of Leo's

Aug 28, 2008
    New York
    I like the boat idea. I've never seen swimming zombies.

9. hannigan

hannigan Friend of Leo's

They just walk on the bottom.

10. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

Jul 3, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN.
    Nothing depth charges couldn't take care of. ;)

11. castpolymer

castpolymer Poster Extraordinaire

May 27, 2008
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I find all the designs a bit too vague. The stilt house would be my choice, but it should go hand in hand with a few things:

1) 8' high metal fence
    2) Pull - up ladders
    3) A piped water supply from a well on the property. Must work on a hand - pump as electrical power will be gone.
    4) Solar panels on the roof for enough electricity to power radio equipment ( if batteries are scarce ).
    5) Should be located in a rural area with low population density. Stilts are fine, but you will still have to come down to forage eventually. The zombies tend to be pretty single - minded ( ha! ).
    6) A system to dispose of human waste that did not emit any odor ( zombies hunt on smell among other things ).

The river barge is OK, but has many drawbacks. The Mississippi is very hard to navigate without a bit of experience. One bad luck grounding on a sandbar and you are surrounded by wet zombies.

The mountain retreat is not an option. Going down into a hole is only a good idea if it is a missle - silo type of hardened, self - contained bunker.

The cube thing should just be called " I Locked Myself In A Safe Surrounded By Zombies." The worst of the four.

12. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 26, 2010
    SC
    Flamethrower + approaching zombie = flaming zombie, still approaching.

THINK IT THROUGH, MAN!

13. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Wall of sound - all else pales in comparison. Hide behind Marshall Stacks or Twin Reverbs. And the right people survive.

BTW - No they are not deaf, they can hear you breathing when hiding in a closet.

14. Sterling Indigo

Sep 4, 2008
    East Lansing

:lol: :eek: My bad...RUN!!!!!

15. getbent

I think this assumes a retreating posture rather than a full, articulated attack. Zombies are still carbon based... incineration is the sure thing. skeletal remains cannot continue to attack... a vehicle based flamethrower (including an ample zombie catcher on the front) will effectively cremate said zombies, reducing long term odor and health problems for the non afflicted.

[​IMG]

something like this with the added zombie catcher would do well for securing an area. The burning flesh (zombie flesh) would also discombobulate zombie sinuses throwing them off the track of fresh meat for a time as well.

a permanently burning moat might be nice (of hot oil and blue methane flame) would be a nice choice...

16. Tdot

Tdot Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

17. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 26, 2010
    SC
    :lol:

Yeah, I learned that one from playing first-person shooters like Half-Life 2, where being set ablaze doesn't necessarily stop the bad guys' approach. The lesson basically goes like this: "Ha! How about some fire, scarecrow?! That'll teach you to...OH CRAP!"

This is not to say you can't fight the undead with fire. You just have to leave yourself ample room to...you know...advance to the rear while the flames do their work.

A flaming moat...now that would add some curb appeal to a zombie safehouse.

18. getbent

The flaming moat pretty much announces your commitment.

btw, I much prefer 'rage disease' type zombies to the slow movers/walkers....

the candle that burns twice as brights burns half as long thing.

19. J-man

J-man Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Apr 25, 2004
    North Wales
    Admin Post
    :lol::D

20. Sterling Indigo

Sep 4, 2008
    East Lansing
    One-on-one (with a slow mover of course), I know I would relish the opportunity of taking a home-run swing, hands choked way down to the headstock of a telecaster...:twisted:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.