Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

√√√ Making the Monkees: Documentary

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by getbent, Jan 20, 2009.

1. DustyDave

DustyDave Tele-Holic

Feb 10, 2008
    Santa Fe, NM
    bluetele54 wrote:
    "...wikipedia has this shot from 2005...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DustyDave
    Michael Nesmith lives near here, outside Santa Fe. I haven't seen him, but I probably wouldn't recognize him if I did.
    ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Nesmith ...go 'head,click the link..."

Wow, bluetele54, that's a pretty impressive amount of info on Michael Nesmith. Now maybe I will recognize him after seeing the photo. Wikipedia mentions that he is a philanthropist. A friend of mine helps him with those endeavors. Thanks for the link.

2. Capel

Capel Tele-Holic

Nov 29, 2007
    Capel, West Oz
    That'll be my mum - & it was all over Perth radio thru 1975 (my dad used to race cars over here, spent a fair bit of my early childhood sitting in the car with my mum while she was breaking in engines)...

I'll have to check out some of his other songs (gotta admit Wildfire kinda scared me off listening to anything else of his) - & I was too young & ignorant to appreciate the steel part :cry:

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

the mere mention of Wildfire instantly puts the song in my head....

bustin down stalls, leavin sod bustin behind... kinda hard to believe they didn't make a made for tv movie from the song...

4. chet

chet Banned

Aug 30, 2004
    The Jersey Shore
    Davey Jones plays here about once a year. He sounds very bitter about the whole Monkee experience. He said something like "They get all the money from the reruns and he still has to bust his butt to get by" in an interview in the paper.

5. bluetele54

bluetele54 Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    ...bitter,perhaps...

...but when I saw him recently at a screening of "Head",he was a bit gnarly,but at the same time,the "Monkees" brand is so strong,that he STILL gets considerable mileage from it...

...I didn't get the feeling that he's struggling all that much...

...I do get a sense that they all have issues with the financial part of being a Monkee,less so Nesmith,given his inheritance and such...

6. RCinMempho

RCinMempho Tele-Afflicted

Jul 8, 2003
    Maryville, TN
    It was a TV series.

7. Capel

Capel Tele-Holic

Nov 29, 2007
    Capel, West Oz
    Hilarity ensues...... no, wait, that was another show

8. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

Capel....

two words....

Paul Hogan.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.