Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

“Reward Center” scam popups

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by AAT65, Aug 17, 2018.

1. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's

May 29, 2016
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    612A23F2-64A8-4570-B935-397F22DCA214.png I’ve had the “reward center” scam pop up 3 times this morning on TDPRI... I believe this is related to scripting embedded in one or other of the adverts but I don’t see how to report it to the mods / admins other than posting like this.

Edit: pretty sure it’s the “Vin Vault” ad - the pop up takes over a second or so after this one loads.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018

2. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's

May 29, 2016
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    This is the villain of the piece I think...
    67891768-EDE0-45AF-99CE-F2FF4E0876C3.jpeg

3. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Holic

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    These are ads served by Google. While this kind of redirect script is technically against their terms of service, crooked advertisers still do it and Google looks the other way for the most part because they make a lot of money from them.

Google could put a stop to it by allowing system level ad blocking on Android but they won't because it would hurt their bottom line. The same is true of Apple. Site owners who depend on ad revenue are perhaps the biggest loser here since these ads steal money and users and it pushes users toward using ad blockers when they can.

4. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's

May 29, 2016
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Popups are still occurring every few pages on TDPRI.
    I do not see any way for me to report these ads to Google but the TDPRI site owners (admins) can.
    The page you are taken to if you do anything other than page back is https://eu.rewardcenterattrewardorcall.pw/uk_google_iphoneX/index.html?trackid=20180817201503234 which appears to be a classic Gmail survey spam page.
    Please, admins, complain as loud as you can to Google! Otherwise I will have to install an ad blocker and deprive you of legitimate ad income.
    If I can help please tell me how.

5. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 9, 2007
    "Raleigh-wood"
    I'm getting the pop-up ads every time I open TDPRI anymore as well, though they're not for reward center, it's a pop-up to install a new video player. It's very regularly happening on my android phone.

Is there ANY way to stop this? For reasons too long to relate here I can't shut off all pop-ups in Chrome.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.