Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

“Primercaster” – First Kit Build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Gordi, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Bentley

Bentley Friend of Leo's

Jul 25, 2012
    Kelowna B.C, Canada
    Great job, kit builds don't usually entice me, but this was a very enticing read! I love the colour. One thing I might look into, once you have enough funds, is getting new pickups. Those ones look to be the cheap ceramic magnet ones, which work fine, but so much work deserves nice pups!

2. Gordi

Gordi TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Madrid, Spain
    Glen, I got the kit in mid-september 2012 and final assembly was 15 Feb 2013.

A couple of months of that time was searching for paint and decal paper, and then, as usual, life kind of got in the way for a while. I also spent a lot of time here looking for answers and "how to" advice. As well as waiting for paint to dry.

But in the end, it was worth every minute.

3. Gordi

Gordi TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Madrid, Spain
    Thanks Dave. That means a lot coming from you.

4. Gordi

Gordi TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Madrid, Spain
    Bentley, I know how you feel about kit builds. I usually just kind of look over them myself. I watch the guys here like Jupiter with his rockets and kwerk with all the detail work he does and Herb's finishes, which I now understand just a little better, and I realize that I've only just begun. Not to mention all the folks building Les Pauls. But, it's a start, and I've learned quite a lot.

About the pups, yeah, I'm sure they'll get changed down the line along with the rest of the electronics which aren't that great. But they'll do for now till I learn how play the darned thing. For me the surprising thing was the quality of the wood. I'm quite happy with that. Although once I got primer on it and could see the de-burring they did with a sanding disc, well, you get what you pay for.

Regards,

Ken

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.