Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

“American Classic” Tele 5 way wiring diagram needed.

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by gtrplr2, Aug 24, 2003.

1. gtrplr2

gtrplr2 Tele-Meister

Apr 26, 2003
    :?: I have a 1997 CS "American Classic" Tele that came from the factory with three pickups. I cannot find a wiring diagram for it anywhere. I looked at Mr. Gearhead and do not see a tele with the 5 way switch with 4 lugs on each side. And all the Strat wiring diagrams I have looked at all have 3 pots instead of 2 (tone-vol.) Does anyone have a correct wiring diagram for this guitar? Thanks.

2. Kevin

Kevin Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    How is it supposed to work?

A regular 5-way has four lugs...

If you want bridge - bridge/middle - middle - middle/neck - neck, you would just wire it like a strat, but come off your volume pot, a la a regular tele, for the tone.

If this is what you want, I can draw it out for you....

There is an American Deluxe wiring diagram at Mr. Gearhead with 3 pups and a mini-toggle....

3. gtrplr2

gtrplr2 Tele-Meister

Apr 26, 2003
    Sounds good.

Thanks for the reply. A diagram would be very helpful. On the switch that came out of the tele originally, there is a jumper from lug 4 on the side the pups hook to, over to lug 1 on the other side.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.