’52 CS 2015 Tele heavy relic vs. '51 Nocaster relic...

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Jimisaint, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Jimisaint

Jimisaint TDPRI Member

Does anyone have an opinion between these two guitars? I am thinking of getting one or the other. They are both pretty much the same price at guitar center.

2. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm always amused when folks ask others which one of two guitars they'd buy. Both guitars should be of equal quality... it's how they feel in YOUR hands, sound to YOUR ears, and look to YOUR eyes that matter.

3. Noname

Noname Tele-Meister

4. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Definitely. But sometimes little details maybe aren't so evident when your right there playing and looking at it. Like, say maybe one has a greasebucket wiring set up. What the hell does that do, and how much of it does it do? :lol: But really, people get excited and they want to talk about it.

5. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

+1
    I'm thinking that I would prefer a CS '52RI to a CS Nocaster because of the neck- the Nocaster is known for it's huge neck as compared to most so it wouldn't be for me. I get along with my '52 AVRI just fine.

6. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

You're absolutely right. But this is a forum for talking about guitars. So why tell people not to talk about guitars?

I get what you're saying - was it Steve Martin who said that "talking about music is like dancing about architecture"?

But still, we're here to talk. And it doesn't always have to make perfect sense. It's fun; it's communication; it's sharing.

7. Jimisaint

Jimisaint TDPRI Member

I already have the '52 AVRI, so I may as well go with the Nocaster. I have a 2013 Les Paul R8 VOS, so a thicker neck shouldn't be a problem. I am curious about the Nocaster pu's. Awhile back I had a '63 CS, heavy relic Tele, but the neck pu was too quiet compared to the middle and the bridge. Does anyone know about the ’51 Norcaster pu's? I heard a couple YouTube demos, but you can't really tell with demos. The Norcaster isn't in the store so I can't try it.

8. Henfield Tele

Henfield Tele Tele-Holic

Assuming you are think of a Nocaster with the correct pickups and not twisted tele's, then they are beautifully balanced with a neck that's as clear as a bell and the bridge twangs and growls perfectly without the ice pick sound. Combined they give a sparkling funky sound. Can you tell m a fan yet? I also prefer he purity of the 3 way switch on a Nocaster, but that's just my choice!
    Though I do like the 52's, would still come 2nd to a Nocaster.. ImageUploadedByTDPRI1448010921.775525.jpg

9. Jimisaint

Jimisaint TDPRI Member

Nocaster is arriving on Friday. Pics to follow . . .

10. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

Great choice ....... but then again you really couldn't lose this one. Either way was a winner.

Congratulations by the way, and please remember the pics, if you can tear yourself away from the Nocaster for a short while ........ and a big 'Hi' from mine.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.