‘65 Reverberocket 2 too much reverb!!

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by Tomm Williams, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:57 PM.

1. Tomm Williams

Tomm Williams Tele-Holic

When turning the reverb knob on this amp, I get a LOT of reverb very quickly. The choice nearly seems to be no reverb or too much! I have not even tried seeing what it sounds like maxed out.
    Any easy fix here ?

2. robrob

robrob Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

If your Reverbrocket is like the RR II below then you can adjust the two 150k resistors in the reverb out path to decrease the reverb signal. They form a 50/50 voltage divider which sends 50% of the reverb signal to ground. You need to keep the total resistance close to 300k because the two resistors are the grid leaks for the gain stage after the 1.5m reverb mix resistor.

A 100k bottom resistor and 220k top resistor would send about 69% of the reverb signal to ground. A 68k and 220k would send 76% to ground.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Could it be something wrong with the pot itself? Just thinking I've never noticed an old Ampeg to be that sensitive on the reverb, but I really like that old Ampeg reverb.
    If this was an old Fender I'd say try a 12au7 instead of the 12at7 for a reverb driver. Ampeg used some odd tubes so swapping in a lower gain one would take some research and might not even be possible.

4. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Is the 500K reverb "Dimension" pot linear, or audio taper?

slider313 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.