Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

£50 partscaster any similar fenders?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by DrMcgrat, Jun 3, 2011.

1. DrMcgrat

DrMcgrat TDPRI Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Carlisle
    Hi,

I just bought a partscaster for £50, solid mahogany, heaviest guitar i have ever used.

II was just wondering if this guitar has any parts that could be fender or if fender have a similar model?

No serials on it, lacquered decals no truss rod hole.

Sounds like a dream though and feels nice to play albeit heavy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GigsbyBoyUK

GigsbyBoyUK Friend of Leo's

Apr 30, 2008
    Peterborough, UK
    I suspect it will impossible to tell from these pictures whether this has any genuine Fender parts - you'd need to dismantle and get close ups of the rear of the pickups for example.

I don't think Fender ever made a mahogany Tele like this... I made one very similar many years ago and it's still my main guitar and, like yours, it's very heavy indeed.

3. DOGMA Dunn

DOGMA Dunn Friend of Leo's

Mar 2, 2011
    Reno
    Looks to be a well crafted guitar. I like the finish and the wood grain. If the construction, assembly, and finish are excellent, and the hardware is good, then regardless if it is a fender or what ever, it is a great guitar.

4. DrMcgrat

DrMcgrat TDPRI Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Carlisle
    Yeah I agree, i'm not a brand guy I knew it wasn't a fender when i bought it and £50 is a complete steal for this guitar.

Just curious as to any similar models.

5. PeterUK

PeterUK Friend of Leo's

Mar 4, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    I agree. I'll give you £51 for it. That's my final offer. :lol:

:) Peter

6. DrMcgrat

DrMcgrat TDPRI Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Carlisle

Haha nice try! :)

7. PaulC1970

PaulC1970 TDPRI Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Kent, UK
    That's definitely a great guitar for 50 quid - congrats!

8. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Friend of Leo's

Jan 12, 2007
    Cambridge, England
    It looks great but at the same time not quite right. It has a rosewood fretboard with (presumably) truss rod access at the heel; indicating a 60s style neck like off a MIM 60s classic perhaps, but the headstock has a 50s style decal placement and an early 50s round string tree too. The tuner ferrules are larger than the authentic vintage style as well. One thing's for sure though, for £50 you got a pretty good deal there.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.