Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

£34995 tele.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by andyrattle, Feb 17, 2016.

1. andyrattle

andyrattle TDPRI Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Norwich

2. john_cribbin

john_cribbin Tele-Holic

Nov 26, 2014
    London
    Wonder what they'd take as an offer ....

3. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

I like the way they have gone 5 under 35000, why bother.

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Psychology. People claim they are smarter than that, experiments prove they are not.

5. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Friend of Leo's

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    Beautiful specimen but I can't imagine that it will get close to that figure. Then again, there are many wealthy folks who may be willing to pay that.

6. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 10, 2014
    Philadelphia, PA
    It may be the cleanest one around...

7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Guaranteed to have never been played above the 7th fret.

8. Tony Done

Tony Done Friend of Leo's

Dec 3, 2014
    Toowoomba, Australia
    What price mojo? Cheap compared to the $46 million Strad viola offered recently.

9. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

Mar 24, 2010
    Fl.
    Is that @$50,000 usd, You got crazy people over there too.

10. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

Jan 13, 2013
    England

11. Tom-Australia

Tom-Australia Tele-Meister

Jun 12, 2015
    South Australia
    I pined after vintage for so long... but then after playing a few I realised that often vintage just means old and worn. Small sample size, but the ones I played did not feel very nice at all.

Also, I don't feel like I'll ever be a good enough player to justify the vintage look.

12. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Weird when you think about it, all that money for a second hand guitar when you can get a real good brand new one for less than a tenth of that asking price.

13. slicedbread

slicedbread TDPRI Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Scotland

14. ScottJPatrick

ScottJPatrick Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2011
    Stirling, Scotland.
    At least it comes from one of the best sellers of vintage guitars over here on eBay, shouldn't be any doubt that it's real. Hell of a lot of money though!

15. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    This is the one from pawn stars apparently, that those crooks gave 13 grand to that kid for it a little while ago, or it could be a different one of course.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016

16. rob2

rob2 Tele-Meister

Apr 25, 2009
    Cork,Ireland
    .....then you get it home and the bridge pickup shorts out.....:twisted:

Yeah,they are saying it was on Pawn Stars....:(

17. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Antiques Road Show wouldn't value it a shilling over 10 to 15 thousand U.S.

Damn, I love that show.

18. AxemanVR

AxemanVR Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    The only vintage guitar I've ever played was a 50s gold top Gibson Les Paul. The intonation was horrible and the tone wasn't particularly inspiring either.

I also own a vintage 1965 Ampeg SB-12 amp, but the original Jensen speaker has blown twice and the output transformer has recently fried too. Sounded great when it was working but is not so fun now that expensive servicing is required.

My point? Owning vintage stuff can be awesome until something stops working, then all you have is an expensive piece of furniture.

Anyway, even if I could afford something like this I seriously doubt if I'd ever consider actually getting it, unless it sounds absolutely amazing of course - but since I already feel that my 2003 Fender AVRI 52 Tele sounds amazing it would be very difficult to justify spending $48000+- more for this thing.

To each their own I guess...

'

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016

19. Twang Tone

Twang Tone Friend of Leo's

Apr 15, 2005
    UK
    The case for Reissues just gets stronger by the day.

Even if I had £35K to spend, I wouldn't buy a vintage Fender (or Gibson). That's just collector madness.

I'm more interested in value for money, and there's some superb Fenders being built today, that are better made and better value for money.

I'd rather have a 2K CS Nocaster and £33K in the bank.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.