Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

£13,000 1959 Esquire anyone?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by marsh99, Aug 18, 2013.

1. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2011
    London, England
    Couldn'r resist snapping this in a shop window in Denmark Steet London. The ticket reads 'Fender Esquire 1959 £12,995 All original with orig. case'.

Great example with nice body wear, early rosewood board and 8 hole pickguard. Sweeeet, but way out of my league!

DSC_0294.jpg

2. kidmo

kidmo Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2008
    Funkytown
    Yeah, we're going need you to go back and take some more pics. Please.

3. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2011
    London, England
    May do that next weekend - there is nothing on their website about this particular guitar. Do you think they'd let me play it? ...Oh my word that would be something special.

4. christhebrit

christhebrit Tele-Holic

Mar 12, 2013
    Kent
    If you went and it was quiet, they'd probably be happy for you to plug it and play it.
    Seen the guitar there as well when I've been in over the last few weeks. Was hanging behind the counter with a couple of lovely pre cbs strats. They have some incredible guitars there

5. Chris H.

Chris H. Tele-Afflicted

Jan 2, 2010
    UK
    Vintage and Rare are quite friendly people in my experience, go for it.

6. mavr

mavr TDPRI Member

May 23, 2011
    EU
    It's a bit funny, you were there, but now you are asking us if they would let you play it,....:twisted:

7. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2011
    London, England
    I have a week off work soon, might go in on a quiet weekday morning and see if they let me have a try...will post back if so. It's a real beauty, would love to play it!

8. Skub

Skub Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 28, 2010
    N.Ireland

9. jd0272

jd0272 Tele-Meister

May 24, 2013
    Northumberland
    Oooh, that would be a credit card temptation. I shall strongly resist the urge to visit their site...

10. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

May 8, 2013
    Texas
    Its in great condition and really that's a pretty good price

11. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2011
    London, England
    Haha - I didn't go in, just snapped it in the window! I was in the area having a second look at the Squier Bigsby Cabronita - that gives you an idea how much money i have at the moment :twisted:

12. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted

Jan 18, 2010
    Macclesfield, UK
    They would certainly let you have a play if you told them you were road-testing it for all the interested folks on TDPRI - 'the No. 1 Telecaster authority in the world'....
    that should be worth a ten minute blast!

13. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2011
    London, England
    Exactly what I was thinking - good publicity for them no? I'm gonna have to get in there and try it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.