30 Responses to “Tele Electronics”
Some Tele Pickup Wiring Diagrams — (links have been fixed)
• 3-way Standard Tele
• 1953 TELECASTER
• 1960’s TELECASTER
• 50’s ESQUIRE
• FENDER 4 way switch with master volume and master tone
4 way switch with master volume and master tone which is a nice upgrade to the stock 3 way switch. This is the same diagram that Fender provides when you purchase a 4-way switch from them. This mod works best if the neck and bridge pickups have opposite polarity. Here are the switch positions:
POS 1 = Bridge alone
POS 2 = Neck + Bridge (parallel)
POS 3 = Neck alone
POS 4 = Neck + Bridge (series)
• GUITAR-MOD POWER TELE: Hum/Single with 5 way switch
Got a tele with humbucker in the neck and a single coil in the bridge? Looking for an interesting and versatile way to hook this up. Look no further!! This one requires a 5 way super switch to get a coil split in positions 2 and 4. Here is the switching:
- Position 1 = Bridge pickup alone
- Position 2 = Bridge pickup and SPLIT neck pickup
- Position 3 = Bridge pickups and FULL neck pickup
- Position 4 = SPLIT neck pickup
- Position 5 = FULL neck pickup.
• 5 WAY TELE
5 positions including neck/bridge in series, as well neck/bridge in series and out of phase! Some have found that some of the 5 way super switches are a bit too bulky for a Tele, but this one sold by WD music products (part # WDE5XL) seems to fit just fine into a Tele control cavity.
Speak Your Mind
Tell us what you're thinking...
You must be logged in to post a comment.