Solo tele + Princeton reissue on TORO TV - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Twanger Central
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Twanger Central THIS FORUM IS FOR POSTING LINKS TO MUSIC YOU HAVE PERFORMED AND RECORDED. No other posting please! No posting other people's music, PERIOD. Please be mindful of any copyright issues.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old February 5th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Solo tele + Princeton reissue on TORO TV

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in this section before, so pardon me if I don't quite get this right. I recently taped a session for TORO TV (an online station for Toro Magazine), and it just went online yesterday. Figuring that I only used an old MIM (w/ vintage-style bridge) with one of those '65 Princeton Reverb Reissues, I thought some folks here at TDPRI would enjoy it. Here's the clip:

http://toromagazine.com/?channel=118&t=42&n=1256

If you're interested in some of my other music, check out the myspace at myspace.com/tyronewarner or you can hear clips at iTunes if you search for "Silver Speakers" (this song is from "Streetlights and Stars.") I use teles exclusively... however unlike most of you, I'm a neck-only kind of guy

tyrone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I'm not sure I know what a neck-only guy is but I do like that body color. Cool deal. I hope you get lots of viewers on that show.
Old Cane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I'll have to check this out when I get home.

Toro is a pretty decent men's magazine. A buddy of mine used to work as a stylist/editor for the fashion portion of it and their features were always top-notch.
graphs is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old February 5th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Cane View Post
I'm not sure I know what a neck-only guy is but I do like that body color. Cool deal. I hope you get lots of viewers on that show.
It's the notorious "Midnight Wine," but I think mine has deepened over the years. As for "neck-only," I mean in comparison to most "twangers" around here who are in love with their bright bridge pickups, im all about the neck position and that big, full-on sound.
tyrone is offline   Reply With Quote