Telecaster Pickguard - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Main Telecaster Forum > Telecaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Telecaster Discussion Forum The world's largest Fender Telecaster Discussion Forum. Please keep discussion limited to Telecaster topics here.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old February 28th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Telecaster Pickguard

Hey guys! I ordered a tele pickguard last week, and finally got it in. I paid $8 bucks for it, trying to save some cash.

White Pearloid. I thought it'd compliment my wooden (glossed over clear) finish.

Unfortinately, it doesn't fit. -___- I figured this out AFTER unscrewing my old one and taking off the strings and everything.

Pretty upsetting.. Looks like I'm off to the music store tomorrow to get one full price. Unless you guys have other options..

Any where I can get one for cheap? Thanks

patrick_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_yeo View Post
Hey guys! I ordered a tele pickguard last week, and finally got it in. I paid $8 bucks for it, trying to save some cash.

White Pearloid. I thought it'd compliment my wooden (glossed over clear) finish.

Unfortinately, it doesn't fit. -___- I figured this out AFTER unscrewing my old one and taking off the strings and everything.

Pretty upsetting.. Looks like I'm off to the music store tomorrow to get one full price. Unless you guys have other options..

Any where I can get one for cheap? Thanks
You can find some pretty cheap ones on ebay I think I bought 2 before one for $12 and another for $20 I went with Fender brand though :)

Old February 28th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

What didn't fit? I have always bought off of amazon, and never had a problem. Never paid as little as $8 though.
frisbe60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old February 28th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFallenx View Post
You can find some pretty cheap ones on ebay I think I bought 2 before one for $12 and another for $20 I went with Fender brand though :)
I tried ebay, and it said for fender telecaster, and it didn't fit :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbe60 View Post
What didn't fit? I have always bought off of amazon, and never had a problem. Never paid as little as $8 though.
Well I compared it to my old pickguard and NOTHING was the same. I felt pretty jipped, like i said before, it did say for a fender telecaster. -__- Mines MIM though soo... any difference? Could you link me to the amazon ones?

Old March 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I ordered one off ebay, its just going to take a few days to get here.

Right now my tele has no pickguard on it. So I'm not playing it.. I'm a little hesitant about putting my old one back on temporarily because I really don't want to strip the wood. Could anyone reassure me on this or something?? :/