Babicz full contact Tele bridge thoughts ? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Main Telecaster Forum > Telecaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Telecaster Discussion Forum The world's largest Fender Telecaster Discussion Forum. Please keep discussion limited to Telecaster topics here.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old April 25th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Babicz full contact Tele bridge thoughts ?

I`m wondering what these sound like, anybody use one here ?
if so what are your thoughts ?

Old April 25th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I bought the Babicz FCH Bass bridge for a build I'm in the middle of, so I haven't gotten the opportunity to give it a test spin yet, but by appearance I am IMMPRESSED.

The machining/fit is top-notch. The bridge is super-light; probably an alu/mag alloy. I've never seen any bridge even close to this light: weighs way less than a Fender vintage P/J bridge. The saddle height adjustment is super-precise and just one screw, the other locks them. The intonating adjusters are the normal style, but also have locking screws.

Seems like a well thought-out and engineered design. Cann't wait to try it!
4string is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

yeah...anyone that have this..pleaes give thoughs on it...i was thinging about this bridge also..
guitarpikz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old April 25th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I have one for my AM Std Tele....
been 2-3 months, still haven't put it on.

Will post when I do.

I spent too much....but China still needs are help ya' know

/

Old May 1st, 2010, 08:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I put the order in for one, going to put it in my son`s AM tele and replace the bridge pick up with a Dimarzio chopper as well, heres a clip of him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9l2gv7RORE

Old May 1st, 2010, 09:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I'd try it if the damn logo wasn't half the size of the part...and if they made 1 specific to the vintage 4 hole and one for newer 3 hole models. Seems expensive for a non-boutique multi-fit item.

That being said, it appears to have the smartest adjustment system I've ever seen.
newtwanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I just ordered one yesterday and hope to have it on my custom built Tele style guitar.
I also just got a set of Pete Biltoft (vintage vibe guitars) vintage pickups to replace my EMG-TC set. HUGE sonic improvement! The only thing lacking on my guitar now was the bridge itself.

It's a cheapo bridge that has the saddles constantly tipping over and not ringing the string without this stupid buzzing noise. I tried locktite for the threads but that didn't work. This Babicz bridge look pretty damn solid. I almost considered installing a Kahler fixed bridge but didn't want to change the look of a traditional Tele so luckily, I came across the Babicz system.

I'll keep you all posted.
Darth Infernus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Telefied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Infernus View Post

It's a cheapo bridge that has the saddles constantly tipping over and not ringing the string without this stupid buzzing noise.

Let me guess.

6 "hammer" saddle bridge assembly with 6 screws and 6 springs?

Give a 3 barrel vintage assembly a try instead. Preferably with compensated saddles.

+1 on those Vintage Vibe pickups. Nice stuff!

++

I was just thinking. This Babicz bridge has been out there a while now. Just a few purchases. Even fewer installations. A very few ringing endorsements.

I'm guilty of modding existing bridge plates and ending up with lots of holes; but this multi hole design is not very pleasing to my eye. The giant stamped imaging is what you'd call "a bridge too far".
boris bubbanov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Have installed the Babicz on a MIM Standard Ash, and a 72 RWRI Custom. Added a lot of sustain to both guitars. Both of these use the 4 screw mount so will string through on these guitars. Am very happy with the sound, feel, sustain, and intonation of this bridge. The only downside is on guitars with the 3 screw mount it will have to top load, and the price, but I love the added sustain.

Old December 14th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtwanger View Post
I'd try it if the damn logo wasn't half the size of the part...and if they made 1 specific to the vintage 4 hole and one for newer 3 hole models. Seems expensive for a non-boutique multi-fit item.

That being said, it appears to have the smartest adjustment system I've ever seen.

I enquired about these bridges a while back. The reason I didn't get one was the prominent product advertising, aka size of the logo.

that and I couldn't find any ringing endorsements here.

dan

Old December 14th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

It's not very easy on the eyes! I'l stick with my good ole Fender vintage 3 barrel, works for me!

Old December 17th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris bubbanov View Post
Let me guess.

6 "hammer" saddle bridge assembly with 6 screws and 6 springs?

Give a 3 barrel vintage assembly a try instead. Preferably with compensated saddles.

+1 on those Vintage Vibe pickups. Nice stuff!

++

I was just thinking. This Babicz bridge has been out there a while now. Just a few purchases. Even fewer installations. A very few ringing endorsements.

I'm guilty of modding existing bridge plates and ending up with lots of holes; but this multi hole design is not very pleasing to my eye. The giant stamped imaging is what you'd call "a bridge too far".
So I take it you're familiar with that "Hammer" saddled piece of ***** bridge, eh? I ordered the Babicz bridge and I installed it tonight. Awesome bridge!

I love it's solid build although I expected the bridge to be made out of steel or something but it's light aluminum. It sounds great and It's a breeze to set up. The Babicz bridge is a keeper and BTW, the logo isn't as noticeable as it looks in the pictures. I think it looks cool.
Darth Infernus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Doctor of Teleocity

I've read the propaganda and I think its a bunch of hooey. Plus I'm not too keen on the looks.

YMMV

jkingma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I haven't had any personal experience with it but of course, this being the internet, I have an opinion regardless.

It looks like a very well thought-out and precision machined waste of $150.

If I wanted to spend $150 and I had a Tele with a bad bridge... and, incidentally, I've tried all sorts of Tele bridges and never found one yet that couldn't be set up to play just fine - I'd spend $15 on the cheapo original style bridge and the remaining $135 on new pickups or a better amp.

IMHO no bridge is worth that kind of money when there are several time-tested bridge designs that can be had for 1/10 of what that thing costs.
tpaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2010, 09:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaul View Post
Quote of the day.
(With no judgement from me regarding the bridge as I have no experience).

I may need to add that to my sig line.

Joe

Old December 17th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkingma View Post
I've read the propaganda and I think its a bunch of hooey. Plus I'm not too keen on the looks.

YMMV
Wasn't that reaction the same of the guitarists who first saw the Telecaster.

Peter

Old December 17th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Telefied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Infernus View Post
So I take it you're familiar with that "Hammer" saddled piece of ***** bridge, eh?
I had an older timer tell me, "the hammer style 6 saddle vintage size bridge is an item that separates the men from the boys".

If this is true, that puts me squarely in the category of BOY. I could not get these things to work very well; sometimes they're OK for a few weeks and then they get all messed up. I have had some recent success with the precision version that is made on the G + L guitars; and I've reluctantly been using them and might keep doing so. But I don't play out. I don't know if I would be comfortable depending on the hammer style enough to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaul View Post

I agree about the second part. I don't know if it is all that well thought out, however. I've fabbed some aluminum bridge plates and I am not really happy with their "sonic signature" just as I embraced and have been backing slowly away from Aluminum saddles as well. You can feel the notes in your dental work if you turn up too loud.
boris bubbanov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
PJ
Friend of Leo's

I admire the design, but it's kinda like putting 20" rims on a '71 Super Bettle, no? Sure, it's high-tech, but I'm with Boris on this one. I think it belongs on a new design or a hybrid of some type.

Old January 21st, 2013, 10:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

So, telex76, you've tried these, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by telex76 View Post
Total hype. A product in search of a use.

I'm sure anybody scammed into buying one will swear how great it is though.
Forgive me. I see glib, snotty comments, but no posts indicating your actual experience with these. Have you installed any? Do you own any? Have you done anything to back up this attitude you're displaying?

I own four: two on Teles and two on basses.

Personally, I've found they had a noticable and positive impact, particularly on the basses. Significantly better lows and additional sustain.

On the Teles, it was a mixed bag. The solidbody benefitted considerably, in both sustain and tone. The original was a fairly run-of-the-mill ashtray variety.

On the Thinline, I was initially concerned that the tone might have actually lost a bit of it's beef. Hard to say with absolute certainty, as I installed some CS Texas Specials when I changed the bridge. Ended up with a SD Broadcaster and STR1. Now, it's a lovely guitar.

In terms of the adjustability, this bridge allows for a degree of precision that is difficult to find elsewhere and simply impossible to achieve on any traditional Tele bridge.

To each their own, certainly, but try adding something constructive to the discussion, rather than simply generic sniping.

Further, you have stated that those who purchased the product are suckers (you quoted P. T. Barnum), and are incapable of making either an intelligent or objective assessment. What narrow-minded, arrogant tripe! This forum usually is, and certainly warrants better. Snide heckling just plain sucks.
harleysr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Gibson is using Babicz on the new EB- stock!

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item-...FWaCQgodTTYA0g

I started a thread on this in the Bass Place, but will add it here, as it seems germane to the discussion.

Thought it was worth noting that the big guys have gotten on board with this product.

Interesting look to the bass. Has a vaguely 50s-furniture vibe to the design. There's an old, offbrand line of guitars that had a similar shape, but the name escapes me at the moment.

Either way, their presence on this bass says something, although I'm sure just what, will be a matter for some debate.

GOT IT: MOSRITE!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EB.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	162687  
harleysr is offline   Reply With Quote