6 saddle copy bridge issue - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Main Telecaster Forum > Tele-Technical
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Tele-Technical Telecaster nuts and bolts talk ONLY

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old March 31st, 2012, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

6 saddle copy bridge issue

I'm looking for some help with the bridge of the Tele copy I recently bought. The problem I'm having is that I get an annoying rattle out of a few of the strings. I have adjusted the truss rod (not perfectly, but much better than before) and have tried adjusting the saddles. It has helped, but just has been trial and error. I've found I can eliminate the noise on most of the strings by adjusting the short side of the saddle down, trial and error again, to get rid of the noise on 2 of the strings (not perfectly but for the most part). However, I cannot fully get rid of the sound on the high E. It doesn't sound very good at all, and is quite annoying. If anyone has a 6 siddle bridge and knows how to fix this, or even just has suggestions that are worth a shot, their help is much appreciated. Or should I just buy a new, more true fender style, bridge? Not my preferred option, but doable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0551.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	121962  

sketchanderase is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Are you sure the string buzz on high E is not coming from the nut? ,if you fret the E at
the first fret does it still buzz? if not, your nut is the prob? if no change, could be neck adjustment out?
huckdeuceman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Me too. Fixed mine.

Sketchanderase,

I have the same bridge on my Nashville Deluxe. It buzzes, not all the time, on high "E" and "G." (I'm gonna get the Gotoh Heavy version).

In the meantime, listen real close (on the instrument)...it likely comes from the "E" saddle. (The nut was/is fine, in my case).

The string rests on its saddle. The same saddle is MISALIGNED—very slightly to the left or right. So, it re-touches the string again, right as it leaves, and creates the buzz. (Not a lot of metal there).

This morning, again: buzz!! I looked, and could barely see the misalignment, got out my little screwdriver, detuned the string a bit and pushed the "E" saddle, manually, about the width of a hair. Pluck...buzz gone, yet again!

Just two days ago re-strung, and it was the "G." Same solution-same result.
GOOD LUCK...
Bswailes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Sponsored by...

Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I had a rattle I couldn't figure out on a 6 saddle bridge a while back. It would move around to different strings, dissappear, come back. Head scratcher fer sure. Turned out it was the saddles touching each other ever so slightly so the vibrating string would cause em to knock together and rattle.
cnote is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

It's been my experience with those type saddles that they work best when they are level. You adjust them to keep the same string height off the fretboard but still keep the saddle level. If the saddles are slanted you can sometimes hear a buzz.
diffeecult is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Fret level?
tiskit86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I'd adjusted the truss rod accordingly, it definitely seems to be in the bridge. I'll try those two ideas out tomorrow.
sketchanderase is offline   Reply With Quote