The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > The DIY Channel > Tele Home Depot
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Tele Home Depot Building a T-Style guitar? From scratch or from parts. This is the forum for you.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old December 28th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
2014 BUILD CHALLENGER
Tele-Meister

Wiring diagram for mini humbucker in the neck and SC in the bridge???

I ordered a SD Antiquity II mini humbucker for my latest Tele parts caster. What wiring scheme do you guys recommend for using a standard Tele control plate and switch (1 common volume and one common tone knob with a 3 or 4 way switch). The Seymour Duncan website has a diagram for standard hum buckers, and I assume mini would be the same. The SD diagram doesn't specify the pot values. What are you guys using for diagrams and pot values? I'm looking for good rock and blues tones. Thanks.

Onebean

Onebean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nub
Tele-Afflicted

I run a DiMarzio Area Hot T bridge pickup and a Klein Mini-humbucker in the neck slot... 250k pots, 3-way switch, and it sounds great. 500k pots can be used with both of those pickups, but there's no shortage of clarity & high end with the 250k's for me.
Nub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 28th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
2014 BUILD CHALLENGER
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nub View Post
I run a DiMarzio Area Hot T bridge pickup and a Klein Mini-humbucker in the neck slot... 250k pots, 3-way switch, and it sounds great. 500k pots can be used with both of those pickups, but there's no shortage of clarity & high end with the 250k's for me.
Sounds good. Thanks for the reply.

Onebean
Onebean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old December 30th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I've got a Gibson mini (I think it has the same wiring as the Antiquity) in the neck of The Harlequaster with SD Little 59 at the bridge; I used 500k pots, both being buckers. I'm about to do some "fine adjustments" and will replace the tone pot with a push-pull for the Lil 59. This will give me single coil option at the bridge but I'll keep the 500k pots, unless anyone here advises me otherwise?
Crafty Fox is offline   Reply With Quote