Without Tele Home Depot & Finely Finished I would..... - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > The DIY Channel > Tele Home Depot
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Tele Home Depot Building a T-Style guitar? From scratch or from parts. This is the forum for you.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old December 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Without Tele Home Depot & Finely Finished I would.....

never have made an electric guitar from scratch. I wouldn't even have thought I could!

Partscasters without TDPRI, yes, but I don't think I would have moved on to scratch building without all the things I have learnt (and continue to learn) here.

What have you got from being here?

(On a personal note, 2013 has been a very difficult year for me. It has included, amongst a number of unpleasant experiences, unexpected/unplanned job losses (yes, plural. I had never experience even one before this year. Have changed jobs many times, have worked in a number of countries etc, but had always left jobs through my own choice. That all changed this year......) Spending time on guitar making, finishing and assembling has been genuinely therapeutic for me. Who knew hours and hours of sanding could be good for your wellbeing?? So I will also add that this forum has played a real part in contributing to me (just) getting through a horrible year.)

Thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge, support and enthusiasm for guitar building and finishing here.

barbrainy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Hope next year works out better for you. Have a lovely Christmas
Phil
philspeed1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2013, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

+1

This place is, not only a WEALTH of knowledge, but a genuinely positive community of people from all over the planet.

I am truly thankful for TDPRI.

Whatever your spiritual affiliation, I hope I can speak for many of us when I say:

"God bless us, every one!"
sjohnbruton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old December 21st, 2013, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I truly love this place too! I consider everyone here as friends!

Old December 22nd, 2013, 07:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Amen!
Hope next year treats you better barbrainy!

I found this site while researching how tobuild a guitar from scratch for, at the time my new born son, he just turned one last week. By the time he is old enough to play, I'll have a whole collection of guitars built by myself, my uncle and my father. My Uncle a master cabinet maker has taught me all about wood working while learning to build guitars himself for his grandkids. My dad is gifted with machines and is helping build a pickup winder. For me this place has helped me overcome some major snares and goofs as well as let me share that which I have learned.

Chris S.
DrASATele is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2013, 07:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrASATele View Post
Amen!
Hope next year treats you better barbrainy!

I found this site while researching how tobuild a guitar from scratch for, at the time my new born son, he just turned one last week. By the time he is old enough to play, I'll have a whole collection of guitars built by myself, my uncle and my father. My Uncle a master cabinet maker has taught me all about wood working while learning to build guitars himself for his grandkids. My dad is gifted with machines and is helping build a pickup winder. For me this place has helped me overcome some major snares and goofs as well as let me share that which I have learned.

Thanks

That's exactly the kind of story I was hoping to hear! I like hearing about what brought other people here, and how it actually connects to their every day life, not just about the actual building process and results.

Old December 23rd, 2013, 05:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Anyone else willing to share what they get out of being in this forum?

Old December 23rd, 2013, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

If it were not for this forum I might actually have a life and not think about how I will be solving the latest guitar building related issue. I have enough money to go out and buy them, why should I build them? And the amps also, could have picked up some good deals in the last couple of years, probably cost me less than I have sitting around in parts. Speaking of parts, now that I bought all the wood I have I will have to make guitars out of it. More time spent cutting and sanding and finishing.

Life is rough.
printer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2013, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

TDPRI Inspired me to build a 52 black guard replica....I read, took notes, learned from others successes and failures - then took the plunge and built a treasure that turned out great.. to everyone who shares their talents, skills, and knowledge on this forum - you are the best !! Here is wishing everyone happy holidays and a prosperous new year..

I am a member on several forums, but without fail TDPRI members are a class act
Stumpwizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2013, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
If it were not for this forum I might actually have a life and not think about how I will be solving the latest guitar building related issue. I have enough money to go out and buy them, why should I build them? And the amps also, could have picked up some good deals in the last couple of years, probably cost me less than I have sitting around in parts. Speaking of parts, now that I bought all the wood I have I will have to make guitars out of it. More time spent cutting and sanding and finishing.

Life is rough.

I hear you!

I can never finish one project before another has already been planned, parts purchased, and usually work started......in fact, I'd say at any given point in time, there are at least 3 future guitars being planned in my head, with at least one (and usually two or more) actually being acted upon..... As someone on this forum once said (if I could remember who, I would give them the credit): "building guitars is not hard. Its stopping building guitars that is hard"

Old December 23rd, 2013, 03:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Totally agree, I'd have never have had the guts to start building if it hadn't been for this place, great resource and a great feel to everything :)
Pete McC is offline   Reply With Quote