Padouk bodied double cut Tele-Rick Bass - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > The DIY Channel > Tele Home Depot
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Tele Home Depot Building a T-Style guitar? From scratch or from parts. This is the forum for you.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Padouk bodied double cut Tele-Rick Bass

Let's be honest, being unemployed sucks. It does give me the opportunity to do some project work of my own.

Working on the guitar for my stepodaughter gave me an idea to use the basic design yet again, with some modifications. The standard double cut horns, a Rickenbacker style neck pocket and a Tele bottom for the guitar.

Since a couple of weeks i've been following bass lessons, so.... It will be a bass guitar. I have a nice piece of Padouk which i've only used for a heart shaped small box so far. It felt good to use this for my project. Until this moment i just used a scroll saw, a handheld belt sander and sanding paper.

For the finish i´m planning to use a UV resistant clear lacquer. Sadly this project is now on hold due to a lack of parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00128.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	164768

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00136.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	164769

Stuurman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Slowly, but surely i'm picking up where i left off. The padouk bass idea is still there, just not with this piece of wood. This seems better suited to be a regular guitar. (I listened to some sage advice). Tele parts, brass pickguard, 4 switches (on/off, phase)..... I'll post some pictures soon.
Stuurman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote