Eyguitarmusic.com? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > The DIY Channel > Tele Home Depot
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Tele Home Depot Building a T-Style guitar? From scratch or from parts. This is the forum for you.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old April 30th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Eyguitarmusic.com?

I'm in the middle of a pinecaster build. While looking for budget parts, I happened across eyguitarmusic.com and the prices look good. Almost too good to be true. Looking around the page, I see lots of typos and English-as-second language errors and it makes me suspicious. Are they trustworthy? I'm a "parts is parts" kind of guy and I'm not terribly concerned about quality and I fully understand that this is not made in the US stuff, and probably along the lines of allparts or guitarfetish quality. I just don't want my bank account emptied 6 months from now.

Anybody got any yays or nays on this company?

Daddy Hojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Give it a pass

Mixed results, the bridge and the tuners were what they said they were the other stuff I ended up tossing out. The brand name stuff that they sell is the brand name stuff.
aikiguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I've used them a lot and no problems. Shipping can be high, so remember that when comparing prices.

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old April 30th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I bought from them a few times with no problems. But remember that they ship directly from China so it may take a few weeks to get the parts.
PunkKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikiguy
Mixed results, the bridge and the tuners were what they said they were the other stuff I ended up tossing out. The brand name stuff that they sell is the brand name stuff.
So they really have an $18 wilkinson bridge?

Old April 30th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Yes with compensated saddles. The Grover tuners are real too. Skip the control plates the necks and the jacks and switches though
aikiguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Hojo

So they really have an $18 wilkinson bridge?
So does azguitarparts.com ($18 or $19)
Mike Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Has anyone bought the tortise pickguard material from eyeguitar ?

http://www.eyguitarmusic.com/Red-Tor...cm-_p_710.html
Mike Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I haven't bought any mechanical or electrical parts from them so I'll be interested in hearing others experiences but I did get a couple of pickguards that ran $6-$7 each.

One was for a Standard Tele (which is how they designate it) and the other for an MIA Jazz Bass. The one for the Jazz fit like a glove and the one for my MIM required just a little filing of the cutout around the control plate to fit perfect. 5 minute job. The screw holes all lined up perfectly. No drilling needed.

The quality was very good. About what you'd expect from American vendors charging two to three times as much. The product came in a well padded shipping envelope with the pickguards themselves each wrapped in bubble wrap and inside a ziplok bag. Shipping from China was about $6.

I have no complaints at all about the price or the time it took to receive them which was about 10 days. All good so far and no one has raided my bank account.
CS Nocaster; "Nashcaster"; MP Thinline; MIM/Nashville; Squier CVC; Lenti Esquire; Peavey Generation Custom EXP, Taylor 214ce-dlx; Breedlove C250cme; Roland Cube 40xl; Roland Blues Cube; Bugera v5; Ampeg GVT-112e, CV JBass; CV PBass; tc BG250 1x15 Bass Amp.
soulman969 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 12:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Thanks. Good to hear. I'll also check out the azguitarparts.com

Old May 1st, 2012, 08:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I like their necks. They have switched manufacturers, but the ones they had a few months ago were very good, especially for the price.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Bought from them :
Tele one ply black pickguard (looks good enough for me...)
controle plate (was too big for the pickguard)
Wilkinson deluxe tuners
screws...

They all were bound to end on an old squier tele body body I had. Nothing really fitted out of the box, but I had one of the best time ever with my dad trying to get everything fit :-) So , all the stuff for about 50 USD including postage to France, a 11 days wait for the delivery is quite a low price for such a cool moment with a dad...Being in my 30's means I sadly don't often spend quality time with my old man ....
Shall you forget about the "Dad" part, I'd recommend this supplier for low budget projects...
gpselmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

I bought Alpha full sized pots, Grover tuners, Wilkinson bridge, strap buttons, string trees, all as good as you get from any other mail order vendor. 15 day shipping.
jackpine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I've bought the pots, jacks, tuners, bridges, pickguards, strap buttoms, necks, bodies, string ferrules, caps, nuts, and about every other hardware piece they sell. I have never bought their pups or pickguard blanks. No complaints and some of it was really good stuff, just like the american suppliers buy from china ;0

Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

anybody know what their truss rods are worth?
It seems that they have a sale going on at 13$ for a 5-pack
Erwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I have a strat neck from them ,post free .Good neck, even better once I had rolled the edges but the actual fret work etc was all top notch ,no fret sprout or need of a level and the tusq nut superb.
musicalmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I've done a couple orders. First was a few pickguards. You will want to put a full sheet of aluminum on the back as the material is very static'y and will cause noise if you don't do very good noise shielding and dissipation work.

I got screws for the pg which were fine, and some roller trees, which I've put onto a neck but am still painting the body for. I ordered a bunch of pots and they were all wrong. I had to explain about 3 ways in emails, but they finally figured out what I was saying and shipped me the corrected ones. To help....A in the pt number is audio....B is linear. Their descriptions were backwards. I did receive the corrected parts with no request to ship back the wrong ones. If you only buy pickguards, the shipping is very cheap. If you get a mixed bag of things (some pots, screws, etc with pg's), it's going to double quickly.
Jack FFR1846 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Just recieved an order tonight. It's my third order from them. Took 15 days to come and cost $8us for shipping.. Parts are prettty good as long as you understand you get what you pay for. What really baffles me is that I buy some parts from a company in Ontario and the shipping is $9us for a small package, the shipment today from EY guitars in Hong Kong was $8us. I will buy from them again...
kencole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I've done 6 or 7 orders with EYParts and always been satisfied with the bang/buck and reasonable shipping.

Speaking of shipping, I've never seen such careful packing from other vendors. Everything is in separate bags, bubble pack and closed cell foam abounds:

You can see the care they take, tucked under the bridge's saddles is a piece of card to prevent the set screws from scratching the chrome.

Old June 16th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Eric Yu does a great job of packing and shipping. It does come to you via the slow boat from China, but after a dozen orders that have arrived as ordered, undamaged, and in a reasonable amount of time, I would rather buy Chinese parts from China that Chinese parts from an American vendor. I buy lots of Americanish parts from American Vendors too, and I have not found a bad one. Met many of them via ebay.