Since I didn't do a build thread I figured I would just throw this here. All in all I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out for a first time from-scratch build. I didn't need to shim the nut after all, just glued it in and it seems pretty solid. I still need to go back and recheck all of my grounding as I seem to have a bit more of the classic buzz than I would like, but it still sounds pretty good.
The beast behind it was the first build I did about 10 years ago with a straight through neck from Carvin. Looking at the contours now I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking at the time. (Or what I was on