The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique Formerly "Suger Free Tab & Music 101." Look for and post TAB, talk about playing technique or music theory. Nuts and bolts of playing music... not gear.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old July 19th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Malware at Realbook.us?

I have been using http://www.realbook.us/ for a year or so as a convenient source for jazz charts, especially because you can pick the key you want the chart to display in. However, one week ago I attempted to visit the site with my Google Chrome browser, and got a warning that said

The Website Ahead Contains Malware!
Google Chrome has blocked access to www.realbook.us for now.
Even if you have visited this website safely in the past, visiting it now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

I got a similar warning from my Opera browser, and no warning from IE. Does anyone know how to contact the management of the site?

Mr Perch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 19th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I have seen a warning before, so I'm guessing it was on Chrome. Firefox jumps right to it. I, myself, do not worry about it. I have Malwarebytes running and it won't allow me to open any malicious sites. FWIW I just tried it on Chrome and it went right to it.

Old July 19th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Use this link instead. That link you posted does show the warning, so maybe it has become corrupted. When I first posted the other message, I clicked bookmarked links I have on my browsers.

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old July 19th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Chrome seems to be very sensitive to Malware warnings. I had the same thing here on TDPRI in the pictures thread, because of a link to a site that Google didn't like. It cleared up after a few days when the site was cleared by Google.
rghill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 19th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmando View Post
It's good to have another option, but the other site is much more convenient, especially that automatic transposition feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rghill View Post
Chrome seems to be very sensitive to Malware warnings. I had the same thing here on TDPRI in the pictures thread, because of a link to a site that Google didn't like. It cleared up after a few days when the site was cleared by Google.
I'm getting a warning from Opera, too.

Old July 21st, 2013, 10:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Perch View Post
I have been using http://www.realbook.us/ for a year or so as a convenient source for jazz charts, especially because you can pick the key you want the chart to display in. However, one week ago I attempted to visit the site with my Google Chrome browser, and got a warning that said

The Website Ahead Contains Malware!
Google Chrome has blocked access to www.realbook.us for now.
Even if you have visited this website safely in the past, visiting it now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

I got a similar warning from my Opera browser, and no warning from IE. Does anyone know how to contact the management of the site?
Avast antivirus doesn't like it either.
jlindseyjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Seems like a lot of the free tab sites are loaded with ad tracking junk. Beware when doing a google search for tablature for a specific tune. I got stung a few times.
Swang on,
Steveareno is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

The site is accessible now, which is a relief, because it's the best RealBook site I've seen, with its auto-transposition feature.