I think I got Stratocaster Fever goin on! - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Stratocaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Stratocaster Discussion Forum Fender's "other" great guitar the Stratocaster.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old October 26th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I think I got Stratocaster Fever goin on!

Seems I can't hardly pass up a good Strat when I see one lately. Now I'm up to three and in the last twenty years I haven't had any use for them. This is my cream of the crop Strat, one of the nicest playing and sounding axes I've yet owned. A NIB, 2010 CS NOS 1960 Strat in Surf Green with matching leather G&G case.

Ahh, the CS wiring is impeccable!

This guitar is just simply unbelievably KILLER to play and sounds as good as she looks. Im usually a Les Paul kind of player but modern Gibsons and their pickups only vaguely sound like vintage Gibsons and PAFs whereas, even my next two MIM Strats have the vintage sounds in spades!

More pics' to come!!

Slammintone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

That is minty! Congratulations.

Old October 26th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

My two very awesome MIM Strats, firstly a Fiesta Red 50s Classic from 2007 that I added a round early 50s type string tree and a parchment small parts plastic upgrade kit. Also is my 2000 60s Classic which I upgraded with a Fender USA 62 RI pickguard and metal pickguard shaped shield. The Fiesta has the exact same neck shape as my brothers AVRI 50th Anniversary 57 Reissue and plays every bit as good. Both these MIM axes play fine up and down the neck with no buzzing or fretting out. I've had several USA made Stratocasters, one a 1979 and the other a 1987 Vintage RI Mary Kaye that weren't as nice nor as good as either of these two bad boys! They hold their own in the company of my Custom Shop Strat, I mean they're not quite as fine nor jaw dropping in their tones, but they aren't embarrased by the comparison either. The 60s Classic Strat has an extremely fine and chunky neck profile that fits my big paw perfect.

Slammintone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting