NUGD Fender MIM Strat Standard Lefty - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Stratocaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Stratocaster Discussion Forum Fender's "other" great guitar the Stratocaster.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old August 25th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

NUGD Fender MIM Strat Standard Lefty

Found this on Clist and couldn't pass with the price it was at... could care less for the color but it's okay... the guy said it was from 2000-2001, any Idea on how to tell? from what I read online MZ means after 2000 and it has a 2 so I was thinking '02 maybe...

the Fretboard has a stripe in it lol, is rosewood just like this? I have a few cheaper guitars and an AL2k and none of them are striped like this.. Cheap piece of RW maybe?

going to throw some new Strings on in a few hrs and see how it sounds... glad to finally replace the Squier, and for the price I got this, GLAD I didn't start modding the Squier either

2003 Epiphone Les Paul Heritage Cherry Burst
LakeShow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

You are probably right on the year. I would change strings one at a time and tune all strings after you put each string on. In the end the guitar will be closely in tune and you won't have to mess around with it to great length to get it tuned back up - like you would have to do if you take all the strings off at once and start putting them on one at a time.

Personally I really like the figured rosewood fretboards and they are fairly rare. There is nothing wrong with a figured rosewood fretboard. I think it gives the guitar some character and maybe even some mojo. Unusual little details like that can make a guitar special.

Congratulations on a great score. I'm sure you will dig that strat. I agree that it is a better idea to modify an already very decent Fender than it is to mod a Squier, or a guitar that isn't already a really nice guitar. The end product will be a super nice item, in my opinion. Not that there aren't some super nice looking highly modified Squiers out there - I have one, but I only mod what I think are already really nice guitars to begin with, now.

Good luck with that strat.