Dilemma- one has to go? Which? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Stratocaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Stratocaster Discussion Forum Fender's "other" great guitar the Stratocaster.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old July 1st, 2013, 03:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Dilemma- one has to go? Which?

I own 3 strats.

One has to go.

1. A Gilmour CS relic, that was one of the 25 sent to DG and Phil Taylor for pre-production approval. It is sensational. The neck is to die for, and it's a really superb guitar, and has oooooodles of power.

2. An MIJ FujiGen 62 RI. Now, bear with me. I paid £200 for this. it's a monster strat. Very very stratty in the most traditional sense, lovely neck and action and is arguably the best of the 3 to play (yes a £200 MIJ v two £3000 CS monsters)*.

3. A Mary Kay Cunetto- R2248, so one of the earilist relics. Now, whilst this is a lovely guitar, it's heavy, the neck is thick, and whilst it looks stunning and is an absolute show stopper in terms of people asking about it, it's the least nice of the 3. It was built by Jay Black.

If I am brutal, the Cunetto goes. But I have had it 18 years. The Gilmour strat is reasonably common, but the provenance of mine is truly remarkable, and it's a great player.

THOUGHTS?

* if I sell the MIJ, I will also have to sell a suhr moderne which is also amazing, is a swiss army knife guitar, and has a top to die for...see pic below:

Old July 1st, 2013, 04:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

If it was me it'd be the Cunetto Strat. they had just started CS relicing back then and where aways from getting it right. also its heavy. and you could probably get the most money for it given it's "Mojo" selling points.

Don't have to justify only paying £200 for the fugijen strat, in fact, thats a bargain for guitars that are on par with standard production US strats IMO. that'd be the last one i'd let go of all you have
tekbow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2013, 06:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Sell your car instead?
Chritty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old July 1st, 2013, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I agree re the MIJ strat. And as a total Floydhead, the Gilmour Strat is the kiddy. I may shove an SSL1C in the bridge of the MIJ. Plus it's a rosewood board and I am a rosewood board man.

And that Suhr is an amazing guitar. If I flog it, I'll get £1900 tops. Cunetto I'll get 2800 for. When the Suhr is literally twice the player, it's a no-brainer, I guess. And the Suhr covers so so so much ground.

Gilmour strat- well I have promised Steve Mac from the Aussie FLoyd first dibs on it, but bearing in mind it's been in DG's hands, who knows the value? And it's an amazing instrument. Much better than the Cunetto, save for I prefer the Cunetto radius (flat)

Thanks. Keep chiming guys.

Old July 1st, 2013, 10:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

The Cunetto
waparker4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2013, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Yep, M K ▲
sjtalon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2013, 01:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Number three, is my suggestion,
stinkey is offline   Reply With Quote