NBND - New body and neck day (Axesrus) - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Stratocaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Stratocaster Discussion Forum Fender's "other" great guitar the Stratocaster.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old March 15th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

NBND - New body and neck day (Axesrus)

I just passed over a spare Tele body I had to a band mate so he could build his own Tele and join the side of the angels, and it inspired me to build another partscaster - a red Strat (everyone should have one).

Bought a body and neck off Axesrus in the UK as they have had some good reviews on here and my bandmate bought his Tele neck from them and was raving about it.

So they've arrived - and I've slightly mixed opinions on them. The neck is great - I really can't fault it. Very sound, frets nicely rounded at the edge, looks and feels as good as most of the necks on my "proper" guitars. I actually bought a B Stock neck (as I'm tight) which supposedly had some finishing flaws, but I certainly can't find them.

The body was mostly fine - the pickup cavities were routed very neatly, pre-drilled tremolo screwholes lined up just right and the neck pocket was cut perfectly. Seems like a decent bit of wood - finish is a bit "dipped in plastic" but I wasn't expecting thin skin nitro for £125.

What was a bit disappointing was that the neck cavity had blobs of paint in it that were thick enough to affect the fitting of the neck. Had to sand them out carefully. Also, the route for the jack plug was very slightly too small and I ended up having the enlarge it with a rasp file - during which I managed to make a small scratch on the edge of the body.

Overall though, pretty good for the price and I may just have had a "rogue" body - I'd certainly recommend getting a neck from them based on mine and the one my mate bought.

Stuck some Bare Knuckle Apaches in the bridge and middle, and one of their Trilogy Suite pickups in the neck - just the set up to do and she'll be good to go!

sir humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Love to see them.
Joe Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Thanks for the review! I've bought a lot of hardware from Axesrus but never a neck or body. Ever since I got my Washburn A20, which has a V neck profile, I've been thinking about a V neck for one of my Teles. They seem to be difficult to find at a reasonable price so I've had my eye on one from Axesrus.

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
A.B.Negative is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old March 15th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sailor View Post
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Love to see them.
Guitar is being set up by my luthier - pics to follow when I get it back!

Old March 15th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.B.Negative View Post
Thanks for the review! I've bought a lot of hardware from Axesrus but never a neck or body. Ever since I got my Washburn A20, which has a V neck profile, I've been thinking about a V neck for one of my Teles. They seem to be difficult to find at a reasonable price so I've had my eye on one from Axesrus.
Based on the two necks I've seen I'd say go for it - great price for very well made necks.