From 2 7/32 to 2 1/16 string spacing with 2 7/32 bolt spacing, HELP! - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Stratocaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Stratocaster Discussion Forum Fender's "other" great guitar the Stratocaster.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old December 29th, 2008, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

From 2 7/32 to 2 1/16 string spacing with 2 7/32 bolt spacing, HELP!

Im trying to find a bridge with 2 7/32 bolt spacing and 2 1/16 string spacing, Ive been searching most of the morning and about all I can come up with is 06+ HWY 1 upgrades have the kinda spacing Im looking for...but I need a part number or link.
Im hoping somebody here knows about trems and spacing that can point me in the right direction

ShortBuSX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 29th, 2008, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Well I found the $175.00 Callaham V/N Model Strat Bridge(2 7/32 mounting spacing with 2 1/16 string spacing)...but am really looking for affordable too!

Old December 29th, 2008, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Anybody?

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old December 29th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Have you tried the Stratosphere on eBay?
They have them listed as vintage style

like this highway one new style trem

Old December 29th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Wow, thats exactly what Im looking for...and it was your posts that got me to where I am now. So since youre in the know...what exactly am I looking for? Is there a part number or name for it???
Theres really not alot of info in most of these descriptions, I searched the Stratosphere, even sent them a message telling them what I was looking for...still waiting on a reply.
Im gonna try and jump on that one you posted, but I have better luck with the Buy It Now options, so any more info you could gimme would help me with future searches.

Old December 29th, 2008, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I don't think they have the parts list out for the 'Upgrade' HWY 1, at least not on Fender's site.

I found mine by cruising ebay constantly after deciding I wanted to try it. Glad I did, I like it better.
The quality is American, also with longer string slots than the older vintage style.

Old December 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I just wanna get away from that dancing on the edge of the fretboard sensation.

Old December 29th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

If you do this mod, do you need to cut a new nut also?

Old December 29th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I didn't, I don't think it's an issue.
I'm using a narrow style nut on a usacg neck, but I also used this trem with a mexi classic 60's with narrow nut and vintage frets.
They work with wider Hwy 1 necks, by default.

also..
another benefit to the new hwy 1 block complete is it's got a steel big block.

No other mods needed done, other than set saddle heights and intonation.
The saddles went high enough in the center to follow the curve of the 7.25, too.

Last edited by Orbit; December 29th, 2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: addition
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 29th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Are the Highway One Tremolo's really an improvement, over something like my Japanese 50's re-issue for example? I have seen that they have a steel block, whereas I am pretty sure mine is just some cast junk....and I am currently using GraphTech saddles, and am not sure if I might be losing anything on the tonal front by not using the vintage style saddles....

Has anyone done a comparison like this???
Robbied_216 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 2nd, 2009, 12:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Thanks for the help Orbit, I finally won an auction last night on one, probably paid too much(bout $70) but it is brand new with all the parts.

Note to self: dont expect to win any auctions(at a low price) on Ebay if the product was discused here within the same week.

Old January 2nd, 2009, 01:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Great, ShortBuSX...
Yeah, a tad high for my liking, too, but sometimes, you just do what you have to do.

I work out of the house (on computers of all things) and am able to constantly track down a deal when I'm looking, but that's what it takes... that and patience.

Let us know how YOU like yours. I like mine, it's like having an aftermarket trem, but not. I think the Fender name on it makes it a more desireable trem.
I paid over $110 for a Wilkinson VSVG that I didn't like as much as the HWY 1 Upgrade.

oh, yeah, and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone ! I see we made it... :)

Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
Great, ShortBuSX...
Yeah, a tad high for my liking, too, but sometimes, you just do what you have to do.

I work out of the house (on computers of all things) and am able to constantly track down a deal when I'm looking, but that's what it takes... that and patience.

Let us know how YOU like yours. I like mine, it's like having an aftermarket trem, but not. I think the Fender name on it makes it a more desireable trem.
I paid over $110 for a Wilkinson VSVG that I didn't like as much as the HWY 1 Upgrade.

oh, yeah, and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone ! I see we made it... :)
My internets aint hooked up at home for the moment, so I wasnt able to hover the Ebay, I missed a couple that went for bout $55...I loath bidding and would rather BIN, every now and again bidding is my only option *shrug*
But I dont feel too terribly bad though, as I see 2 7/32 x 2 7/32 Fender trems going for $100+ retail...and this obviously is more rare than those, so I still feel good bout it.
And my guitar is definitely gonna feel better because of it!
Thanks for the help and guidance!

Old January 2nd, 2009, 07:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

New partsocaster today

I got my new usa 57 RI body today and swapped out the parts from the black strat to this one, using the HWY 1 trem. It came out awesome. I love it already, haven't played it but about 15 minutes, have to go out for the evening...
but here she is

no scratches or dings, the marks are all reflections :)

Old January 7th, 2009, 01:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I may be ignorant, but my bridge just arrived...with no arm???
Is this common?
And if so, then what arm do I buy???
I dont ever use the trem, but Id really like to avoid having the block stripped should I ever decide to set it up for use.
Currently I have 3 arms in my parts box, labeled with masking tape, 1 MIM, 1 MIJ and one Squier MIIndo...would any of these possibly work?

Old January 7th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

yeah, no arm is the way most of them come. They want to squeeze every last bit of $$ from you.
It takes a standard american threaded arm... vintage works, I believe, probably the one you DON"T have.

I found today, duh, that the springs on the saddles were doing absolutely nothing... just sitting there contributing heavily to what I thought was string rattle. so I took them off, put them in a bag, and it works just fine. no annoying buzzy noise that I couldn't find before :) :)

Old January 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
yeah, no arm is the way most of them come. They want to squeeze every last bit of $$ from you.
It takes a standard american threaded arm... vintage works, I believe, probably the one you DON"T have.

I found today, duh, that the springs on the saddles were doing absolutely nothing... just sitting there contributing heavily to what I thought was string rattle. so I took them off, put them in a bag, and it works just fine. no annoying buzzy noise that I couldn't find before :) :)
Thanks for the heads up bout the saddle springs, I noticed they were a lil sloppy but figured theyd snug up once I got it intonated...so Im glad I didnt go through the entire process only to have them rattling....thank you!

BTW I sent a message to the seller(Stratosphere) telling her that her add was misleading as it used the term "tremolo" repeatedly in the description but yet it didnt come with one...but shes pretty much got her a$$ covered by her disclaimer that if it aint in the pic it aint included...shes got another sales category for "whammy bars"

Old September 15th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I am a bit suspicious of "the stratosphere" seller on bay. Seems the stuff is often described as better condition than what shows up. Gibsondependable I found terrific though.
tatittle is offline   Reply With Quote