Squier neck plate help - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Stratocaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Stratocaster Discussion Forum Fender's "other" great guitar the Stratocaster.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old November 4th, 2008, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Squier neck plate help

I've bought on ebay what was described as a Stratocaster neck plate removed from a Squier guitar - Brand new and unmarked.

It's just been delivered and appears used (rust on the back next to a screw hole, scratches). It also has a black plastic backing/surround plate.

The dimensions are 51mm x 63mm.

Does this seem genuine to you guys?

It only cost 1.50 (and 2.40 postage which consisted of a folder envelope, lots of brown parcel tape and a 2nd class stamp).

crispy king is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Dude....
It's NOT new, even if it came off of a new guitar. It coulda been sitting in a shop for who knows how long, with 100 wanker kids jerking around on it - that's what people do with squiers at the music store.
You paid a pound fifty, just use it and forget it!
MarkyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2008, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I know, i shouldn't complain when it was that cheap.
My main concern are the dimensions. I want to be sure that the holes will line up if i buy a pre-drilled genuine neck.
crispy king is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old November 4th, 2008, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Check the dimensions of the pre-drilled neck before you buy it, or see if you can have it custom drilled. Do the plate holes line up with the body's? If so, you should be okay with any pre-drilled neck. Aside from that, drilling the screwholes in a neck isn't that daunting a task.

Old November 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

most neck plates I have encountered from all sorts of weird old makes (like satellite, hondo... etc) have very close dimensions for the holes... the ones that are the standard fender shape are exactly the same... those which have very rounded edges all have the same (but different from fender) dimensions....

Best thing to do is hold it onto a guitar, and see if it lines up with the screw heads. the Xs in the cross-head screws mark the centre of the one on the guitar, and if the centres that show through the holes of the one you have purchased, and are centered then you will have no problem.

A lot of necks will need to be plugged and re drilled if they are being put onto a different body, as they do not properly line up.

and for the gasket on the back of it... I have one on my aria strat copy. I think it just protects the body...
JasonRobert is offline   Reply With Quote