victoria reverberato question - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > The Stomp Box
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

The Stomp Box Effects pedals and their effect on your playing.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old August 7th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

victoria reverberato question

From what i've heard online(youtube,sound clips...etc) The vic reverberato is my next investement,because it sounds incredible!!!!!.I also heard the weber Revibe and it sounds pretty cool too.I know it doesn't have the same quality of parts as the vic,but i'm considering my options.Does anyone have any thoughts on this?Any info on the reverberato would be appreciated.Thanks.

fuzzchuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Last I checked, the Vic was about $1650. I hope I'm wrong about that, probably a retail price, but you can buy a nice pile of pedals for that. I had read that Victoria spent uber hours working on the EQ for that trem, and I'm guessing that it probably sounds better than the Weber for that reason.

The Weber was copied from the first versions of the Fender Brown amps, which were known to have weak highs. The next version (the -A schematics) had a scooped mid at around 330Hz.

The flatness of the EQ is important here because in bypass, the LFO oscillator is killed while the signal still passes thru the EQ. A modern approach would be to bypass the whole effect.

That's why I'd recomment a parallel FX looper. A parallel looper will let you use any trem and any reverb. Bypass will actually bypass. (The ReVibe and Reverberato do essentially the same thing, except two 'loops' run internally.)

Having a hard-wired box that does one thing for that much cash is a little hard to swallow at half the price. Get a Pareidolia and Lexicon, run them in parallel, and be amazed. You can buy another guitar with all the cash you saved. The parallel loop can also be used for parallel Overdrives, or with a compressor for instant 'Sparkle Drive' and 'Tone Press' applications as well.
FenderLover is offline   Reply With Quote