Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > The Stomp Box
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

The Stomp Box Effects pedals and their effect on your playing.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old November 24th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master?

I'm considering getting one of these Reverb & Delay devices for a simple grab & go board. Anybody tried one?

I would not want to run it as "wet" as any of the demos I've seen. Looking for something I can run a bit of delay out in front of an amp with a bit of hair to giver a bit of ambience. But at the same has the ability to add a bit of reverb in a dead room or at home practicing.

Thanks in advance ...

Old November 25th, 2011, 04:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Maybe mxr CC? Does not have reverb, but it's sound is so warm and organic. Great for add some ambiance.

Old November 25th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Would like to have both RV & DL ... I actually have a Hardwire RV-7 (Reverb) & DL-8 (Delay/Looper) that do a decent job, but both together have a large footprint. Liked the idea of both in this small footprint.

The "Dispatch Master" must be pretty new ... seeing very little about it in the searches. Anybody ... anyone seen one of these?

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old November 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

It is a dreamy sounding delay, from what the demos show. I wish there were demos focusing more on the reverb side of the pedal. I am more interested in a reverb with delay than delay with reverb.
lareplus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2011, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

The more I think about it and play with the Hardwire RV-7 and DL-8, the better I think these guys sound. I know it's hard to compare using Youtube clips ... but these sound pretty good. I might be OK with what I already have now.

When I'm running through my "Richter Tweed", I use this set up on the Pedaltrain Mini. When I take the Brown Note, I run the two Hardwires and the Pitchblack tuner in the loop on the smaller Pedaltrain Nano since I don't need any boosters with that amp.

Can anybody directly compare either the "Dispatch Master" or the "Deep Blue Delay" to these pedals ... specifically the DL-8.

Old November 27th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Nothing like mentioning you might like your old gear to stop a thread dead in it's tracks. I did pull the trigger on the EQD Dispatch Master. My thought is to load it up on this MINI board ... replacing the two pedals to the left with the one. This will give me room for one more OD flavor (EP or 1/2 Gainer). I'll then move the two Hardwire pedals to the NANO board and run it in the loop with the Brown Note. Might pick up another tuner and have a dedicated board for each amp. I'll report on how it goes ... thanks for the feedback.

Old December 5th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

EQD Dispatch Master came today. I like it with the controls turned down. Can get both reverb and delay out of the same pedal. Don't detect it's any better than the Hardwire RV-7 and DL-8 pedals (less flexible since it's simple) but it seems to do a good job. I like the basic sound of both the reverb and the delay. So I think it is a good choice and a much smaller footprint.

Old December 5th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

How do you like the reverb alone? I am interested in this as a reverb pedal but like the dreamy combination of echo with reverb, however it's got to have great reverb because that would be my main use of the pedal.

What do you think? Would this be a good reverb pedal if it didn't even have a delay aspect???
lareplus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Yes ... it sounds like a good "plate" reverb to me. Not a "spring" reverb. I will probably run it between 9:00-11:00 with the mix at about 9:00-10:00. You can get it to "bounce" a little in reverb only mode by turning up the repeats but I wouldn't. If you drop in a little short delay and back off the reverb it gives the feel of a medium sized room that you might gig at ... say all the controls a bit over 9:00. I never saw anyone run it that way in any of the videos ... just cranked it up over 12:00 or dimed ... useless settings for what I need.

I especially like the small footprint ... about 75% of just one of the two Hardwire pedals I've been using.

Old September 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Got one recently.Love it...Very small footprint... I run the reverb at 9 o'clock..Mix around 9 or 10 o'clock. then I play with the delay time....or just turn it to zero to run reverb only.ONLY problem ..minor ...the delay time setting is very 'touchy" a small move of the dial will change the time quite a bit.Just a matter of getting used to.It will replace 2 delays on my board.
I consider it a real keeper.
Bertymoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Loving mine
telecat33511 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

My Mooer Shimverb has convinced me of two things:
  1. I need reverb.
  2. I need a better reverb than the Shimverb.

I'm trying to keep my board small, so the idea of combining delay and reverb is very appealing. Anyone have any new thoughts on the Dispatch Master?
Tarnisher is offline   Reply With Quote