Squire Cabronita gut shot? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Main Telecaster Forum > Squier Tele Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Squier Tele Forum Fender's Squier brand makes tons of interesting Telecasters. Talk about them all here.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old October 4th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Squire Cabronita gut shot?

Hi with some of the chit chat about the Squire and MIM Cabronita sharing Fedeli'trom pickups, Im curious if the volume pot and switch are the same also?

Anyone have a clear gut shot of their control cavity of their Squire Cab yet they could post? Im really curious about this. Im considering the Squire Cab w/Bigsby model and am wondering if the Squire and MIM share the same pot and switch.

Old October 4th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwit View Post
Hi with some of the chit chat about the Squire and MIM Cabronita sharing Fedeli'trom pickups, Im curious if the volume pot and switch are the same also?

Anyone have a clear gut shot of their control cavity of their Squire Cab yet they could post? Im really curious about this. Im considering the Squire Cab w/Bigsby model and am wondering if the Squire and MIM share the same pot and switch.
It would be nice if Fender (even MIM) and Squier used the same quality pots but they don't. Almost all of the Squiers I've owned, and I've owned or own two CV models, and a Standard, the pots have crapped out.
That's probably the biggest difference between the two. I've heard good things about both Cabronitas. Good luck with yours.

Old October 4th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randypttt View Post
It would be nice if Fender (even MIM) and Squier used the same quality pots but they don't. Almost all of the Squiers I've owned, and I've owned or own two CV models, and a Standard, the pots have crapped out.
That's probably the biggest difference between the two. I've heard good things about both Cabronitas. Good luck with yours.
Yeah Thanks.

My MIM uses what looks like CTS pot. I only took a brief look in the cavity, being nosey. Ive had a couple MIC Squires also in the past. Both had pretty cheezy pots in them. I replaced all of my Squire wiring fairly quickly for better pots and 4 wire switching.

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old October 4th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

My MIM had a full size solid shaft Alpha pot.
gsh1968 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsh1968 View Post
My MIM had a full size solid shaft Alpha pot.

My CV50 Tele and Custom II Tele both have full sized Alpha pots. My VM Precision TB bass has Fender stamped wide range hb pickup. All these were as stock. There is more of similar cases among my Squiers.
savofenno is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

250K mini-pot (split shaft) not sure what the switch is, it's just a modular box switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00394.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	200465  
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
250K mini-pot (split shaft) not sure what the switch is, it's just a modular box switch.

Aww Thanks. I was wondering about the mini pot. Its what I had run into on a couple other Squires.

So the Fideli'Trons in the Squire are a huge bonus for that guitar. But keeping things as inexpensive as possible, they still skimp on the pot and switch. Makes sense and is all easily upgradable.